Re: [Churchcrawling] Font Canopies

  • magnetic@druidic.org
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 12:15 AM
      In article <42729034.8020506@...>, simon@...
      (Simon) wrote:

      > How many of these are medieval (I won't count the ones that aren't!!!!)

      Liverpool's is modern - and *absolutely* vast.

      --
      Mark Ynys-Mon
      http://www.druidic.org/camchurch/
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 12:18 PM
        From memory there is a mediaeval font canopy in the parish church (forgotten
        the dedication) at Luton. Yes, that Luton. It's not just a car factory and
        an airport.

        Andy F

        > > How many of these are medieval (I won't count the ones that aren't!!!!)
        >
        > Liverpool's is modern - and *absolutely* vast.
        >

        > --
        > Mark Ynys-Mon
        > http://www.druidic.org/camchurch/
        > 2757 AUC
        >

        > Don't forget to Email URLs of websites to members that you have found and
        think are worthy of recommendation.
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Simon
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 12:32 PM
          Luton is one of the four famous ones, along with Trunch, Norwich SPM and
          Durham. They even have a photo of it up on the wall at Trunch!

          Simon

          Andy Foster wrote:

          >>From memory there is a mediaeval font canopy in the parish church (forgotten
          >the dedication) at Luton. Yes, that Luton. It's not just a car factory and
          >an airport.
          >
          >Andy F

        • Andy Foster
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2 12:02 PM
            I don't remember the photographs when I went to Trunch, in 2002 - only
            trying to take a picture with my tripod in the middle of the children's play
            area in the south aisle!

            AF