Re: [Churchcrawling] Re: Film

    Message 1 of 39 , Nov 30, 2004
      > Perhaps if you kept your photographs and actually looked at them then
      > you would become a better photographer.

      Put you little claws away, you might get them caught in your diji
      buttons.

      Marion
    • Gareth Foster
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 9, 2004
        I've never (well, hardly ever) used colour print film, only colour slide
        film; I think that the gradual demise of this medium may well be where
        the job losses in the big firms are occuring. Colour print D&P seems now
        to be dealt with by idiot proof machines in various unlikely high street
        shops.

        I took my first digital digital photo 29/12/2000 (courtesy of Jessop's
        sale!) and have done very little slide work since because:
        (a) it now costs far too much, and
        (b) the storage volume required (I have probably about 2 cubic metres
        of slides).
        Digital photos are stored on the hard drive (in several directories to
        assist finding them again), on CD-RWs for current use and also on CD-Rs
        in another room as backup copies.

        However, there is one drawback to digital: the cost of digital
        projectors. Some societies now have these and schools, etc., usually do,
        but when will someone produce a projector at a price for the private
        user (and a quality worth having)! What happens to all the obsolete ones
        when businesses buy new ones?

        Gareth