LBP is back

  • Phil Draper
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      I have been away in YOrkshire at a conference in Scarborough since early Tuesday morning.

      Stories/Pics to follow at some stage over the weekend, including a real knockout church!! (Tantalising Trailer!)

      I am writing today to say I am really concerned that there seems to be three or four suggestions over June 12th (Brighton) and I am now very confused as to what - if anything - we are going to do this year.

      How about JV setting up something which will include meeting up at Preston Park and car-sharing into town to see St Bartholomew at least, before setting off to a selection of more rural churches? It is unfair to leave this hanging if JV is going to plan successfully.

      If this is not to happen, then where?

      Sorry about brief message - but I am about a third of the way through 148 Emails, and have to rush out to football very soon.

      Best wishes
      Phil
      Bristol UK
      www.churchcrawler.co.uk
      Owner of ChurchCrawling and churchpictures
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/churchpictures

    • John Vigar
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2004
        I think the whole idea of an annual outing is to meet other list
        members and if Brighton (which was not my suggestion, though I
        offered to help arrange it) is difficult we should think about going
        elsewhere. I can always do a day to Brighton for those who want to go
        in the autumn, without losing the ethos of our annual get-together
        for the majority. Although I know the churches in that area well DDs
        idea of Oxfordshire is fine by me. I`m just going on holiday to the
        Aran Islands for a week and look forward to the definitive plan on my
        return!

        John V.
        www.johnevigar.com
      • Doctor Digi
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2004
          Your offer to organise the day is very much appreciated JV. I think
          Brighton was always going to be difficult - as would Cornwall, the
          Lake District or some other point on the "edge" of England. We have
          (bar Norfolk) always chosen a mid-point. In some ways that's a shame
          (and we will run out of places eventually!) but for ease of access
          for the majority it's the best solution.

          As you point out, the annual meeting is for people to meet one
          another in Real Life and choosing a place should facilitate that.
          More "extreme" places can always be done by smaller groups that are
          willing to do it and where it is convenient both in time and place...
          this happens already (eg: I have toured with people off this list;
          RJB is doing his own one; Simon & Seajay recently did one to Norfolk,
          etc)

          In order to extend the geographical area the only option would be to
          split the AGM up into several venues - and you'd still end up with
          only tiny groups at each one.

          dd