RE: [Churchcrawling] Re: Mystery Churchcrawler, Church Crawler Aw ards (?)

  • Rosemary Watts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      There are two organisations which seek to encourage and support churches
      which welcome visitors. One is the Open Churches Trust founded by Andrew
      Lloyd Webber, which is currently working its way round all the dioceses int
      he country (though all denominations, and other faiths are invited to the
      meetings) giving roadshows including a video and live speakers dispelling
      many myths about the alleged difficulties of opening churches. OCT
      concentrates on stewarded chruches, but the Church Tourism Association (of
      which I am secretary) is for all churches, and particularly those which may
      not have the resources to be stewarded when open, although we also have
      members from the Greater Churches (which with the cathedrals have their own
      organisation.

      It would be good to explore mutually supportive activities between the
      chruchcrawling community and CTA. Any ideas?
      Lincolnshire and Sussex already have award schemes and many local
      authorities work in partneship projects to promote those churches which
      welcome visitors

      Rosemary Watts
      Secertary CTA (and CTO Lincolnshire)

    • Julian Doncaster
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003

        That gives me lots of ideas, but I think I'll keep quiet about them.

        J.