St Albans Baptist church

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      Dagnall Street Baptist church built 1885 with a modern extension which
      houses a cafe.
      The inside: looking towards the baptistery which is behind the 'chancel'
      marion

    • Win and Les Center
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        Wow! That's a Baptist church that looks like a church. What happened---they forgot to remove the fleche?---les
        Dagnall Street Baptist church built 1885 with a modern extension which
        houses a cafe.
        The inside: looking towards the baptistery which is behind the 'chancel'
        marion

        Don't forget to Email URLs of websites to members that you have found and think are worthy of recommendation.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
          Daniel has posted a tempting snake with ears on churchpics
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
            The church was a surprise to me too. The baptistery is up ten steps, the
            ones I have seen before have been more like holes in the ground, or small
            swimming pools, or, in one case, like something from a garden centre. This
            one was VERY posh. Perhaps not tasteful, the church was great fun and I
            really enjoyed being shown round. I just wish that the congregation weren't
            going to rip out all the woodwork within the next few months. I'm glad that
            they left the fleche - I don't think that is going.

            marion