Necessity of Restoring the Temple ordinance of adoption(sealing to Joseph's line

  • Dr. Randall Larsen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2009
      Listmembers,

      At the famous family meeting in February 1847 to which many of the twelve were invited Brigham Young said,

      I am entitled to the Keys of the Priesthood according to linage [I am my fathers son] & Blood [my father is adopted to Joseph Smith who had the birthright to the presiding Keys by blood]. So is Brother H. C. Kimball & many others [who have been adopted to Joseph's birthright line] Have taken Kingly power & grades of the Priesthood. This we would have taught in the Temple if time had permitted. Joseph Smith was entitled to the Keys of the Priesthood according to Blood. Still He was the [p.132] fourth son. But when we get another Temple built then we will teach you concerning those things.
      Wilford Woodruff's Journal, Vol. 3, p. 132
      Suffice it to say that I will extend the Chain of the Pristhood [by aroption] back through the Apostolic dispensation [Peter] to Father Adam just as soon as I can get a temple built [a temple is needed to perform adoptions since its a higher ordinance than sealing of man to woman or 2nd anointings].

      Now listen to what Brigham says next:
      Jesus could have restored the order of the Pristhood in his day & brought in the Mil-lenium if the people would have harkened to his instructions but they rebelled & would not, & it was for this cause that Jesus told them that all the Blood that had Been shed from Righteous Abel down to Zechariah the Prophet should be required at there hands.

      So anyone who opposes the adoption temple work that is necessary
      to restore the order of the priesthood i.e. allow PH holders brethren
      and sisters to be lawful heirs will have the blood and sins of this generation on the hands. Now we can't judge Wilford Woodruff's intentions without knowing his thoughts and feelings; however, the net
      effect of his 1894 unrecorded "revelation" was to set back the work
      of performing adoptions one hundred years or more. This is a thing
      I can be sure neither Joseph or Brigham intended.

      But don't we have to do the work for the dead first. After all they
      without us cannot be made perfect in the ordinances? Well no, according to Brigham:

      Should I have A father Dead that has never herd this gospel, [p.110] would it be required of me to redeem him & have him adopted unto some mans family And I be adopted unto my Father? I answer No. If we have to attend the ordinances of redemption for our dead relatives we then become their saviors & were we to wait to redeem our dead relatives before we Could link the Chain of the Priesthood we would never accomplish it. (family meeting February 1847).

      How do I know Brigham thought he was Joseph's heir to the keys of the
      priesthood? Read my paper The Law of Adoption. Also consider this
      quote from Brigham's talk at the family meeting where he felt comfortable to speak or hint about such matters:

      Such jealeousies do exhist & were I to say to the Elders you now have the liberty to build up your kingdoms one half of them would lie, swear, steal, & fight like the vary devil, to get men & women sealed to them. They would even try to pass right by me & go to Joseph thinking to get between him & the Twelve. Some have already tryed to used an influence against me but such jealeouses & selfishness shall be stoped & if the brethren do not stop it I will blow it to the four winds by making them all come & be sealed to me & I to my Father & He and all this Church to Joseph.

      Why make them all come to Brigham because its better to boost up
      than to try to go around. No one can get between Joseph and the
      12 (meaning Joseph and Brigham) because Brigham is Joseph's birthright
      heir to the keys of the Priesthood (both the Fulness of the Priesthood line D&C 84:6-17 and the literal seed evangelical Priesthood D&C 107:39-56 in the Priesthood and sealing power of Abraham).

      Well if there were around supporters of one of Joseph
      son's to succeed Joseph(and there was a lot of hope in the church for
      this), Brigham wouldn't be so bold as to say or hint at what he did. He was always careful to guard against assassination or ridicule by keeping his secrets. He never really played his ace in the hole
      (adoption to Joseph) because he was able to prevail as President of
      the twelve. He was a powerful man. Does it surprise you that even
      today he is trying to control some things from the other side of the
      veil?

      Brigham suggests that if the man who holds the keys to the priesthood
      doesn't find an audience in the LDS church he should go where people
      will listen:

      "I do not care who leads the church, even though it were Ann Lee; but one thing I must know, and that is what God says about it. I have the keys and the means of obtaining the mind of God on that subject. Does this church want it as God organized it? Or do you want to clip the power of the priesthood, and let those who have the keys of the priesthood go and build up the kingdom in all the world, wherever the people will hear them?" [History of the Church 7:230, 235].

      I agree. That is why we have formed the Church of the Firstborn Westwood to call out a people from the LDS who will think for themselves and know how to learn the mind of God by the use of the prayer circle keys. As Heber C. Kimball prophesied:

      The time will come when the Lord will choose a people out of this people upon whom he will bestow his choicest blessings" (Heber C. Kimball, Des. News. Nov. 9, 1865).

      The Lord has begun to choose that people.  Are you among them?

      warm regards,

      randall
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2009
        --- In Church_of_the_Firstborn_Westwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Randall Larsen" <rlars100@...> wrote:
        > I agree. That is why we have formed the Church of the Firstborn Westwood to call out a people from the LDS who will think for themselves and know how to learn the mind of God by the use of the prayer circle keys. As Heber C. Kimball prophesied:
        >
        > The time will come when the Lord will choose a people out of this people upon whom he will bestow his choicest blessings" (Heber C. Kimball, Des. News. Nov. 9, 1865).
        >
        > The Lord has begun to choose that people.  Are you among them?
        > > warm regards, > randall

        Hi Randall,

        One of the reasons many of us believe in the Prophet Joseph Smith is not because of his understanding of the previous revelations in the Bible, and his great wisdom to live by them, but because he clearly was being given new revelation. The BoM and the D&C and the PGP stand as witnesses of the gift Joseph had from the God of heaven.

        So when we trust in Joseph, we know we are actually trusting in the God of heaven.

        So, notwithstanding your clear interest and studied knowledge of the work of Temple ordinances, including adoption, that was restored to some degree by the Prophet Joseph, this is not enough for most of us to trust that your work is from the God of heaven.

        For one thing, many others have also studied the Temple ordinances and have their studied understanding of the matter also. Why is your's superior?

        I do accept that the Lord's Gentile church, the CJCLDS, has been led out of the way by Gentile pollutions. But we all should be careful not to try to steady the ark!

        The Lord has promised that when the times of the Gentiles have fully ended, he will restore again his ancient covenant people Israel and give back to them all their former blessings. It is certain that the Lord still can call prophets and bring forth more of His word. It is certain that the Lord can and will cleanse His church and rid his Temples of pollutions. And that he will fully reveal all the ordinances of His house.

        We know Zion is coming. But we must be sure that we find those who truly have the Word of the Lord to be led correctly.

        My own faith is that the revelations in the Second Book of Commandments is true revelation in the identical gift as the revelations to Joseph and other early Mormon leaders. If a person is seeking to set their house in order, and to prepare for the cleansing of the Lord's Gentile church, I recommend the 2BC revelations for guidance in that endeavor.

        Very sincerely,

        Richard
      • Randall Larsen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2009
          Richard,

          I posted your message without comment.   I appreciate your point of view.  I plan to show forth more fruits of praise and wisdom.    Feel free to identify what Fundamentalist group you are from in your messages.  Let them know where they can read the 2nd book of commandments.  We have prophets at a discount now since the Father has authorized me to use the the phrase Thus Saith the Lord in connection with revelation.   Since the revelation appointing me the Keyholder is thus saith the Lord it is binding on the world i.e.
          the world needs to seek confirmation or denial from the Holy Ghost.

          LDS leaders have not used the phrase thus saith the Lord in decades thus what they say
          is only counsel it's not binding on the church or the world.

          UnlessThusSaithNOTbinding

          Joseph Smith

          If anything should have been suggested by us, or any names mentioned, except by commandment, or thus saith the Lord, we do not consider it binding.

          DHC3:295; MFP1:94

          warm regards,

          Randall Larsen

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2009
            --- In Church_of_the_Firstborn_Westwood@yahoogroups.com, Randall Larsen <rlars100@...> wrote:

            > Richard,
            >
            > I posted your message without comment.   I appreciate your point of view.  I plan to show forth more fruits of praise and wisdom.    Feel free to identify what Fundamentalist group you are from in your messages.  Let them know where they can read the 2nd book of commandments.  We have prophets at a discount now since the Father has authorized me to use the the phrase Thus Saith the Lord in connection with revelation.   Since the revelation appointing me the Keyholder is thus saith the Lord it is binding on the world i.e.
            > the world needs to seek confirmation or denial from the Holy Ghost.
            >
            > LDS leaders have not used the phrase thus saith the Lord in decades thus what they say> is only counsel it's not binding on the church or the world.

            > Joseph> Smith
            > If> anything should have been suggested by us, or any names mentioned,> except by commandment, or thus saith the Lord, we do not consider it>binding. DHC3:295;
            > > warm regards,
            > Randall Larsen

            Randall,

            I am aware of the Joseph Smith quote you give, and am aware that the LDS leaders have not brought forth a "word of the Lord" revelation in 120 years-- since the 1889 revelation to President Woodruff. There is no evidence that this gift has existed among the LDS leadership for this long time.

            The 2BC authorizes a School of the Prophets, and I am in that School. The School teaches only those who seek it out.

            However, the 2BC forbids setting up a church, so the School does no missionary work. The Lord has a church, and He has promised to eventually cleanse it and set it in order during a coming "Year of Cleansing" promised in 2BC 24.

            Richard

            Here are early 2BC revelations in a free pdf file:

            http://www.2bc.info/pdf/2bc-fi39.pdf
          • Dr. Randall Larsen
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2009
              Richard,

              Thanks for the information and the file.

              Our position is that The Church of the
              Firstborn Westwood is a continuation of
              the Church of the Firstborn originally
              organized at Kirtland in Feb 1836 using
              the Apostolic Keys he received from Peter,
              James and John. The Father has simply put
              his servant Randall in charge.

              The founding of the Church of the Firstborn begins with
              the anointing of Father Smith and Joseph Jan 21, 1836. In
              February 1836 many of the leading brethren would get a
              similar unconditional anointing to the blessings of their
              progrenitors in the priesthood Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and
              Jacob. Joseph's anointing was recorded in Joseph Smith's diary as follows:

              Account by Joseph Smith:
              "At about 3. oclock P..M. I dismissed the school and the
              presidency, retired to the loft of the printing office, where we attended the ordinance of washing our bodies in pure water, we also perfumed our bodies and our heads, in the name of the Lord at early candlelight,

              I meet with the presid=ency, at the west school room in the
              Chapel to attend to the ordinance of annointing our heads with holy oil—also the councils of {Zion} Kirtland and Zion, meet in the two
              ad=joining rooms, who waited in prayer while we attended to the
              ordinance,—I took the oil in my {right} hand, father Smith being
              seated before me and the rest of the pre=sidency encircled him
              round about.—we then streched our right hands to heaven and blessed
              the oil and consecrated it in the name of Jesus Christ— we then laid our hands on our aged fath[er] Smith, and invoked, the blessings of
              heaven,—I then annointed his head with the consecrated oil, and
              sealed many blessings upon him, {head} he presidency then in turn,
              laid their hands upon his head, beginning at the eldest, untill
              they had all laid their hands on him, and pronounced such blessings,
              upon his head as the Lord put in their hearts— all blessing him to be
              our patraark [Patriarch], {and} annoint our heads, and attend to all
              duties that pertain to that office.— I then took the seat, and
              father annoint[ed] me head, and sealed upon me the blessings, of
              Moses, to lead Israel in the latter days, even as moses led him
              in days of old,—also the blessings of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.—all of the presidency laid their hands upon me and pronounced upon my
              head many prophecies, and blessings... ." (Note: Deleted words are in
              braces "{}", interpolations are in angled brackets, "[]".)
              Joseph Smith's Diary, 21 January 1836, as recorded in Dean C. Jessee,

              As David John Buerger explains,

              According to the History of the Church's official account, the first part of this ritual was given on 21 January 1836 when the First Presidency "retired to the attic story of the printing office, where we attended the ordinance of washing our bodies in pure water. We also perfumed our bodies and our heads, in the name of the Lord." After blessing and consecrating oil for this ceremony, the presidency laid their hands on each other's heads, progressing from oldest to youngest, blessing and anointing each other to their offices. Following several days of performing anointings to other priesthood bearers, Joseph Smith, on 6 February 1836, assembled these people together to "receive the seal of all their blessings." This sealing was performed as a group ceremony by Sidney Rigdon, after which the participants "were to shout with one accord a solemn hosanna to God and the Lamb, with an Amen, Amen and Amen" (2:379-82, 391-92; Jessee 1984, 145, 156).
              endquote The Development of the Mormon Temple Endowment Ceremony

              In another place he further elucidates:
              After several days of anointings administered to other priesthood bearers, the Prophet, on 6 February 1836,
              Dialogue, Vol.16, No.1, p.15
              called the anointed together to receive the seal of all their blessings .... The first part [of the inspired order was] to be spent in solemn prayer before God, without any talking or confusion; and the conclusion with a sealing prayer by President Rigdon, when all the quorums were to shout with one accord a solemn hosanna to God and the Lamb, with an Amen, Amen and Amen; and then all take seats and lift up their hearts in silent prayer to God, and if any obtain a prophecy or vision, to rise and speak that all may be edified and rejoice together.16
              Dialogue, Vol.16, No.1, p.16
              A few weeks later at the dedication of the temple, Joseph Smith instructed the quorums of lay members and Church officers on the ordinance of washing of feet.17 Two days later, on March 29th, the Presidency "proceeded to cleanse our faces and our feet, and then proceeded to wash one another's feet." After this was done, those in attendance "partook of the bread and wine."18 The next day, a group of about three hundred male Church members met in the temple and, after the administration of the sacrament, received the ordinance of washing of feet as well. The Prophet then announced that he "had now completed the organization of the Church, and we had passed through all the necessary ceremonies."19[meaning the Church of the
              Firstborn was formed not that more wouldn't be added later]. It was just four days later, however, again in the Kirtland Temple, that Joseph received a vision recorded in Doctrine and Covenants 110, of the prophet Elijah20 who gave him the full sealing power of the Melchizedek priesthood--an authority which Joseph Smith did not fully reveal and use until Nauvoo.
              endquote from Buerger, David John, "The Fulness of the Priesthood":
              The Second Anointing in Latter-day Saint Theology and Practice

              At this point even though the Church of the Firstborn
              lacked the sealing power of Elijah (the fulness of the
              Melchizedek Priesthood) that makes a man a King and a Priest
              to the most high God, these brethren had the Patriarchal
              sealing power of Abraham to open the heavens and receive
              instruction (see Joseph's 27 August 1843 discourse regarding
              two sealing powers the sealing power of Abraham and the
              Sealing power of Melchizedek).

              When the blessings were sealed with the Hossanah
              Shout many of them saw the savior. Others saw angels:

              According to the Oliver Cowdery Journal, 6 February, 27 March 1836:
              In the evening met with the presidency any (sic?) quorums in the Lord's house, when their anointing blessings were sealed by uplifted hands and praises to God. Many saw visions, many prophesied, and many spake in tongues. Closed a little before 12 o'clock.
              endquote

              Of the washing of feet administered later in that month
              Apostle Erastus Snow says,

              Salt Lake City School of the Prophets Minute Book, Internally Paginated
              Apostle Erastus Snow: I so understood. I did not understand to be a preparatory work either. I understood it rather as a finishing work, and the words used in most cases according to the best of my recollection, were: "I wash you and pronounce you clean from the blood of this generation." [unconditional]

              So with the Kirtland endowment the Church of the Firstborn
              was organized. Note that at first the Church of the Firstborn
              included only male members.

              Of the Church of the Firstborn Heber C. Kimball
              says,

              This people here are the people of God. Here, in the Territory of Deseret, is the kingdom of God, and here are all the officers pertaining to that kingdom; and here is an organization that is organized after the order of God, and it is organized after the order of the Church of the First Born.
              Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p.129
              Let me explain what the Church of the First Born is. It is the first Church that ever was raised up upon this earth; that is, the first born Church. That is what I mean; and when God our Father organized that Church, He organized it just as His Father organized the Church on the earth where He dwelt; and that same order is organized here in the City of Great Salt Lake; and it is that order that Joseph Smith the Prophet of God organized in the beginning in Kirtland, Ohio. Brother Brigham Young, myself, and others were present when that was done; and when those officers received their endowments, they were together in one place. They were organized, and received their endowments and blessings, and those keys were placed upon them, and that kingdom will stand for ever.
              Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p.129
              Now mark it—that kingdom will never be overthrown; although they may kill, that is, if they can, brother Brigham and me, and brother Daniel H. Wells, and they may kill the Apostles, if they can, and so they may keep on from this time to all eternity, and they never can obliterate this [p.130] work. I know it. They may kill, and destroy, and waste a great many limbs that are upon this Church; but let me tell you, they never can kill the tree nor destroy the root from whence we have sprung; for our Father and our God is that root, and Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the tree or vine, and we spring out of that vine; and if we keep His commandments and receive the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost, it is that nourishment that comes down directly from the Father, from Jesus Christ, the true vine.
              Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p.130
              And as President Buchanan, the President of the United States of America, holds the keys of the government of this whole nation, so Brigham Young holds the keys pertaining to this Church and people.
              endquote.

              My claim is that I inherit Brigham Young's (birth)right to
              the presiding keys by lineage and by Blood and by Revelation
              from the Father.

              My position is that the Father has put me in charge of the
              Church of the Firstborn started at Kirtland in Feb 1836.
              Except for Missionary work authorized by me
              the LDS Church is a "dead limb" of the
              root created at Kirtland in Feb 1836.

              So perhaps its the Church of the Firstborn Westwood that
              needs to be set right to accomplish its mission?

              warm regards,

              Randall Larsen