14Re: Patriarch Smith

  • Dr. Randall Larsen
    Aug 10, 2009

      On the underground question. Yes during President Kimball's administration. In California PM or at least sex beween consenting adults was legal. President Kimball allowed at least one
      Plural family in Northern California (of which I have a reliable
      source on). I know the ward where this family lived and attended.

      No underground after President Kimball's administration. President
      Hinckley was against PM in the 1930s when the church was still
      winking at it among the elite such as stake president Frank
      Y. Taylor. I have personal knowledge since Pres. Hinckley
      refused me permission to taking a plural wife saying that
      those keys were taken from the 1st Presidency by God. Well
      then the keys to seal monogamously or to seal dead women plurally
      must also be taken? I liked President Hinckley but he would
      deny many of the Doctines of the church including men becoming gods
      to shake hands with Mike Wallaces and Larry Kings of the world.

      Pres. Hinckley rejoiced that the church had finally overcome
      the Polygamy issue and was popular with the world. The polygamy
      issue had be a big stumbling block for young Hinckley when
      he was on his mission to England in the 1930s.

      warm regards

      --- In Church_of_the_Firstborn_Westwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Randall Larsen" <rlars100@...> wrote:
      > Elyza,
      > Just to clarify. The Twelve for years have claimed that
      > since Patriarchs were ordained by them, Patriarchs are presided
      > over by the 12. Of course when the Prophet Joseph was with
      > us the Patriarch to the church was Father Smith and later
      > Hyrum Smith who also served as co-President of the church by
      > virtue of his birthright under D&C 107 evangelical ministers.
      > These men were NOT ordained by the twelve (only the Patriarchs
      > whose primary function was giving Patriarchal Blessings to the
      > Fatherless were ordained by the twelve)[I thnk they were ordained
      > by Joseph and men chosen by him]. Read Lost Legacy
      > on this for a period of time the Presiding Patriarch was allowed
      > to preside over the Patriarchs but then the twelve took back
      > its prerogative. A variety of sustaining orders was adopted
      > at general conference over the years. In early years the Patriarch
      > to the church was even sustained before the 12--in later years
      > not.
      > So you can see the nature of the controversy.
      > hope this helps,
      > Randall Larsen
      > --- In Church_of_the_Firstborn_Westwood@yahoogroups.com, "elyza2012" <adohni@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've often wondered if Patriarch Smith continued with the sealing keys after he was retired (LDS Church) and they only pretended publicly that he didn't perform the higher ordinances. Is it possible that the LDS Church continues the underground unbeknownst to you and me? With only those needing to know or called to know,,,,having that information?
      > >
      > > elyza

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic