13Re: Patriarch Smith

  • Dr. Randall Larsen
    Aug 10, 2009
      Elyza,

      Just to clarify. The Twelve for years have claimed that
      since Patriarchs were ordained by them, Patriarchs are presided
      over by the 12. Of course when the Prophet Joseph was with
      us the Patriarch to the church was Father Smith and later
      Hyrum Smith who also served as co-President of the church by
      virtue of his birthright under D&C 107 evangelical ministers.
      These men were NOT ordained by the twelve (only the Patriarchs
      whose primary function was giving Patriarchal Blessings to the
      Fatherless were ordained by the twelve)[I thnk they were ordained
      by Joseph and men chosen by him]. Read Lost Legacy
      on this for a period of time the Presiding Patriarch was allowed
      to preside over the Patriarchs but then the twelve took back
      its prerogative. A variety of sustaining orders was adopted
      at general conference over the years. In early years the Patriarch
      to the church was even sustained before the 12--in later years
      not.

      So you can see the nature of the controversy.

      hope this helps,

      Randall Larsen

      --- In Church_of_the_Firstborn_Westwood@yahoogroups.com, "elyza2012" <adohni@...> wrote:

      > I've often wondered if Patriarch Smith continued with the sealing keys after he was retired (LDS Church) and they only pretended publicly that he didn't perform the higher ordinances. Is it possible that the LDS Church continues the underground unbeknownst to you and me? With only those needing to know or called to know,,,,having that information?
      >
      > elyza

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic