English Christmas Traditions?

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2009
      Hi everyone, thanks for accepting my application. My name is Keith, I am 61 years of age and live in New England Australia.

      I did check the files, but could not see anything on English traditions. I would like to find out more about English and Welsh xmas traditions, can anyone help in this regard?
      Regards, Keith.
    • L.A.Trent
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2009
        I WILL HELP YOU. LET ME KNOW WHAT EXACTLY YOU NEED .

        ADELE

        Hi everyone, thanks for accepting my application. My name is Keith, I am 61 years of age and live in New England Australia.

        I did check the files, but could not see anything on English traditions. I would like to find out more about English and Welsh xmas traditions, can anyone help in this regard?
        Regards, Keith.

      • Keith Burgess
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2009
          Hi Adele, I am looking for traditions other than the xmas tree and present
          > giving, unless of course there is more about these than I am aware of. I was
          > born in England, so am familier with the xmas of my youth in the 50s.
          > Because xmas is in the summer here, it does not feel like xmas at all for
          > any of my family, so we were thinking of celebrating a winter salstice as
          > well, in winter. It would be nice if we knew more about this, seeing as, if
          > I recall correctly, christmas was staged at winter salstice so as to
          > intergrate the two.

          Regards, Keith.

          --
          �I went to woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the
          essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach,