Hoof Beats Are Getting Closer

  • ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2008
      Hoof Beats Are Getting Closer

      This week, I saw a news report that should make this message hit
      home: (names and location removed)

      What do a delicious County school lunch and "biometric
      identification" have in common?

      Very soon students may not be able to get one without the other.

      The County Schools food services supervisor is proposing a new
      lunchroom cafeteria identification system for lunch credits.

      Biometric identification is a technical name for what is more
      commonly referred to as "finger scan."

      Currently students use a system that requires them to enter the last
      four digits of their Social Security number into a panel to receive
      their lunch credit.

      She told the County Board of Education Tuesday evening the current
      system is too slow and is susceptible to theft by sneaky children
      looking over the shoulder of the fellow in line ahead of them to
      steal their code.

      "The child's finger would be scanned, but it is not a fingerprint,"
      she told the board. "I feel very confident that this will cut down
      on the theft and will be much easier for the children to put their
      finger in this little scanner than it will be to remember numbers.
      And it will be much quicker as the children go through the line."

      The new system would cost about $10,000.

      As opposed to fingerprinting, which captures the rolled images of
      all 10 fingers, this system uses the flat images of only two
      fingers. The scan identifies a limited number of unique
      characteristics of the index finger and converts them into numbers,
      which become that child's lunch code number.

      She assured board members that the finger images are stored only in
      the cafeteria computer system, are deleted upon graduation, and
      aren't shared with anyone — not even other school departments. Only
      cafeteria personnel would have access to the system, and only at
      lunchtime.

      Any parent wishing for their child not to participate in the finger
      scan program could opt out and pay with cash, she added.

      Still, some board members were apprehensive about the new system.

      A board member suggested the technology is a bit intimidating and
      advanced for a school cafeteria.

      Another board member suggested that the $10,000 would be better
      spent offsetting the lunch price increase approved by the board last
      month and setting prices back to last year's level.

      The food services supervisor noted, however, that eventually all
      school cafeterias will be moving to this system.

      "I don't know if we're ready for this yet," the board Chairman
      said. "I think we're going to have a lot of concern from parents. We
      need to talk about this some more and get some input from the
      community before taking any action."

      Can you hear them? The hoof beats of the four horsemen? I thought of
      these four horsemen the moment I read: "Very soon students may not
      be able to get one without the other."

      Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had
      the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

      While I do not think this system is the mark referred to in
      Revelations, it certainly is leading to it.

      http://www.shatterdmen.com/Hoof%20Beats.htm

      I wrote this a year ago. Since then, we have seen gas prices double
      but even more alarming is news that food prices have kept pace with
      this rising cost. The basic foods, wheat, corn and rice have risen
      more then most other prices. Recently I heard a news report on food
      prices. It reminded me of Rev 6:5,6 in which the rider of the black
      horse (the 3rd seal) has a scale and tells that a loaf of bread
      would cost a days wage. It also said the "oil and wine" would not
      be harmed. With the shortages we see in many areas, it is not hard
      to see that rationing may soon be started and just as gas prices
      keep raising, so will food prices, yet it will not effect the rich,
      they will still get all they want while others go without the basics
      of life itself.

      My friend, in light of today's news, I believe this message is just
      as if not more relevant then it was last year when it was written.

      Sometime ago, I told the story of the sinking of the USS
      Indianapolis and how 316 of the crew of 1199 were rescued. As
      several ships steaming full speed ahead without zigzagging to get
      there quickly, they approached them with their search lights on and
      shined them into the air toward the ship wreck. Of course, this was
      dangerous as it also gave their position to any enemy sub which
      often lurked beneath the sea for such an event as this...but they
      wanted to give HOPE TO THE HOPELESS!

      Today, sirens often give this hope as they get closer and closer
      when someone has been in an accident. There is something about
      knowing that help is on the way that instills HOPE.

      Many Westerns have shown the old Wild West version of this hope when
      a wagon train was under attack, "hoof beats" could be heard in the
      distance as the Calvary came galloping in. Of course the sound of
      the bugle playing...CHARGE! helped too.

      Sometimes the sound of hoof beats did not bring the promise of help,
      it brought doom. If the hoofs were stampeding cattle it could bring
      disaster if you were in the way.

      My friend...I hear hoof beats on the horizon and I have mixed
      feelings about these hoof beats. I personally believe these hoof
      beats are so close that if we listen, we can hear the snorting of
      the horses although there are only four horses that are galloping
      toward us in an effort to seal each of our destinies.

      Revelation 6

      1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as
      it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come
      and see.
      2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had
      a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering,
      and to conquer.
      3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast
      say, Come and see.
      4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was
      given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that
      they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great
      sword.
      5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast
      say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that
      sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
      6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A
      measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a
      penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
      7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the
      fourth beast say, Come and see.
      8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on
      him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto
      them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with
      hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

      Lets look at these horses and their riders for a moment

      The WHITE horse and its rider:

      I have seen many say that this is the LORD returning but is it?
      Notice in verse one that it is the LAMB that is opening the
      seal...the Lamb is Jesus Christ so He can not be the rider of this
      white horse so who is it? In Revelations 19, we see the Lamb coming
      out of heaven on a ...white horse. He is accompanied by an army, NOT
      three other horsemen. Since this horseman is pretending to be Jesus
      Christ by wearing a crown and riding a white horse, it can be none
      other then THE antichrist. If we keep watch of the events in
      the world, I think this person is about to step up and take power
      but I will not speculate as to who he is.

      The Red horse...war.

      Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, North Korea, Israel, Lebanon, Syria and the
      list goes on. It almost seems like every area of the globe is a hot
      spot or at least a high potential for one. It almost seems we are
      having a world war, one war at a time in so many places. There are
      so many powder kegs around the world that all it will take is one
      spark.....and I firmly believe that spark is very close to the
      making. I also think that spark will occur in the Middle East.

      The rider of the Black horse:

      He has a balance in his hand indication commerce. It talks about a
      loaf of bread costing a day's wage. My friend, have you stopped at a
      gas station recently? The supermarket? Have you read the news
      reports of honey bees dying or abandoning their hives for some
      unknown reason? Add to this the Mad Cow disease and now the tainted
      pet food which appears to be getting into more and more products
      including chicken feed and now there if fear it is getting into the
      human food chain. Can you hear them now? The hoof beats
      as they get louder and louder?

      The Pale Horse and its rider...DEATH

      Few of us should have ever heard about Columbine High School but it
      is now a household word. This was just one in over 40 mentioned in
      Wikipedia including the University of Texas at Austin, the Jonesboro
      massacre, the Amish school shooting and the most recent, Virginia
      Tech. Contrary to popular views, it is not only men doing it.
      Laurie Dann – was the perpetrator of Hubbard Woods Elementary School
      shooting and the Brenda Ann Spencer, incident at Cleveland
      Elementary School are but two of them. I will not go into the
      possible reasons for these shootings as that is not the intention of
      this message. It is my attention to encourage you to listen for
      these hoof beats.

      I see other major signs of these rapidly advancing horsemen.

      Global warming, the Arctic ice melting, storms and major weather
      changes, (Remember, Jesus said we would not know the season...well
      maybe that is because the seasons are all messed up so we can not
      tell winter from summer) Inflation, Free markets and international
      trade agreements are leading to a one world government as well as
      are the breaking up of our homes so many experience today.

      Add this to new super bugs that are antibiotic resistant such as the
      recent news headline "Masks may not help against super-flu", Bird
      flu, and other possible "pandemics" that could spread throughout the
      world like wild fire either intentionally with bio weapons or
      accidentally and I can only conclude…the hoof beats are getting
      closer.

      I am also sure we have all heard about the famines, droughts,
      freezing crops; storm damaged crops, floods and fires. I can easily
      see food prices going "through the sky" Many people, perhaps some of
      you, already do not know where your next meal is coming from. If it
      is that bad now, what will it be like then?

      Many if not most of us have also heard about things like "Digital
      Angel" which is a computer chip that has been inserted into animals
      and some humans. I firmly believe this is the precursor to the mark
      of the beat told about in Revelation 13:17

      "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or
      the name of the beast, or the number of his name." In the next few
      chapters we are told that no one would be able to buy or sell
      anything except they have this mark "in" their hand or forehead but
      we are also told that anyone that had this mark would be doomed for
      eternity.

      Yes this has been a message of gloom and doom so far. If it were not
      for one thing...and only one...I too would be petrified with fear as
      I hear these hoof beats getting closer. In fact, there was a time I
      was afraid. I will not go into that now because I do want to let
      each of you know that there is no reason to be afraid of these
      horsemen because another horseman will come to our rescue and just
      as the bugle sounding "charge" in the wild west as the cavalry came
      over the hill, we will hear a trumpet as the King of Kings comes to
      our rescue.

      Revelation 20:4
      And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given
      unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the
      witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not
      worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his
      mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and
      reigned with Christ a thousand years.

      Six times in the book of Revelations we are told things like: To him
      that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in
      the midst of the paradise of God. (Revelation 2:7)

      While most may think this applies to those who get through this
      period of time, those that do not accept this mark, I want to point
      out a deeper meaning:

      1 John 5:5
      Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that
      Jesus is the Son of God?

      An over comer is one that has placed their trust in Jesus Christ for
      full payment for their sin. My friend, do you hear the hoof beats?
      Do you fear them? You can be an over comer by following the link
      below.

      http://www.shatterdmen.com/first_step.htm

      I am reminded about a song that was written by Larry Norman before
      most of the school shootings:

      Life was filled with guns and war
      And everyone got trampled on the floor.
      I wish we'd all been ready.

      Children died, the days grew cold,
      A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold.
      I wish we'd all been ready.

      There's no time to change your mind,
      The Son has come and you've been left behind.

      A man and wife asleep in bed,
      She hears a noise, she turns her head, he's gone!
      I wish we'd all been ready.

      Two men walking up a hill,
      One disappears and one's left standing still.
      I wish we'd all been ready.

      There's no time to change your mind,
      The Son has come and you've been left behind.

      There's no time to change your mind.
      How could you have been so blind?
      The Father spoke, the demons dined,
      The Son has come and you've been left behind.
      You've been left behind
      You've been left behind!

      Just as Gorden Jensen wrote:

      Years of time have come and gone
      Since I first heard it told
      How Jesus would come again someday

      If back then it seemed so real
      Then I just can't help but feel
      How much closer His coming is today

      Signs of the times are everywhere
      There's a brand new feeling in the air
      Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky
      Lift up your head
      Redemption draweth nigh

      War and strife on every hand
      And violence fills our land
      Still, some people doubt He'll come again
      But the Word of God is true
      He'll redeem His chosen few
      So don't lose hope
      For soon Christ Jesus will descend

      1 Corinthians 15:51-52

      Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall
      all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last
      trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised
      incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

      Once again....there is hope for all of us

      http://www.shatterdmen.com/first_step.htm

      TO OUR CHRISTIANS!

      This message was primarily written to those who would have been left
      behind but I do pray that they will place their trust in Jesus
      Christ but I want to talk to you for a moment. I am so glad that you
      know you will not be left behind, but I ask you, what about your
      loved ones? Your neighbor? Your friends? Will they be left
      behind? Have you told them about the hope that is within you?
      Have you told them about Jesus. More important…does your life agree
      with your talk?

      Many of our Christians can praise the Lord…in our groups and in our
      churches, but I ask…would your co-workers or friends be surprised to
      hear that you are a Christian? We are the only Jesus many will ever
      see. What image do they have of Jesus by looking at you? If you
      do go to meet the Lord before this time, what will your obituary say
      about you? Will it say….you made a difference? I will leave you
      with this closing poem…it is my understanding by talking to the
      authors sister that it is a true story.

      My Friend
      BY Vera Lynn Edge

      One day a girl named Louise fell asleep and dreamed a strange dream.
      she dreamed that a gal in Hell wrote her a letter and sent it to her
      by an angel-its a true story - if you can read it without weeping
      then......

      The Letter

      My friend I stand in judgment now.
      And feel that you are to blame somehow.
      On earth, I walked with you day by day,
      And you never did point the way.

      You knew the Lord in truth and glory.
      But never did you tell the story.
      My knowledge then was very dim.
      You could have led me safe to him.

      Though we lived together on earth.
      you never told me of the sacred birth,
      and now I stand this day condemned, because you failed to mention
      him.

      You taught me many things that's true,
      I called you friend and trusted you.
      but I learn now that its too late.
      you could have kept me from this fate.

      We walked by day and talked by night.
      And yet you showed me not the light.
      you let me live and love and die.

      But you knew I would never live on high.
      Yet I called you friend in life.
      And trusted you through joy and strife.
      and yet on coming to the end.
      I cannot, now , call you "My Friend".

      -Marsha

      After Louise awoke from that dream and it was still real in her
      mind, She contemplated the meaning of the dream. And thought that
      she had not done all that she could to tell her friends about Jesus.
      She said to herself that she would make a point to tell her friend
      Marsha about the dream some time soon!! The next day She called her
      friend Marsha and this was the conversation "Bill is Marsha
      there?? "Louise , you don't know yet!!!". "No, Bill what". "MARSHA
      WAS KILLED LAST NIGHT IN A CAR ACCIDENT"!" I thought you knew"

      Some other links used in this message are:

      http://www.shatterdmen.com/Obit.htm

      http://my.homewithgod.com/heavenlymidis2/ready.html

      http://cloud9lyrics.com/436/redemption-draweth-nigh/

      http://www.shatterdmen.com/Indianapolis.htm