Re: [CGG] [OT] Presence vs. omnipresence (was: Fundamentalism and Games (long))

  • Heard, Christopher
    Message 1 of 164 , Aug 1, 2004
      On 7/27/04 12:22 PM, "Warren Bennett" <wcb_00@...> wrote:
      > And, yes, I do think we long for that experience because we were created to
      > long for it. At some deep level, we miss walking with Him in the garden in the
      > cool of the evening.

      That's a beautiful metaphor, but I'm always curious to know where readers
      get the idea (a) that "humans walked with God in the garden" (which Genesis
      3:8 doesn't say) or (b) even that God _repeatedly_ or _habitually_ walked in
      the garden (which Genesis 3:8 also doesn't say). Based on the general
      ancient Near Eastern topos of a king's private park, (b) would be plausible,
      but (a) wouldn't (kings don't hang out with gardeners).

      - Chris

      --
      R. Christopher Heard
      Asst. Prof. of Religion
      Message 164 of 164 , Aug 13, 2004
        Yeah I downloaded it... I have a AMD Athlon 2000+ system with 384 Megs of
        RAM and a 64 MEG Nvidia G_Force 4 Video Card and it ran so slow in Dos Box
        that it wasn't playable. Anyway that is my experience wit DOs Box and Arena.

        TheErn