Re: I need input

  • shari12152004
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 15, 2012
      I've never read/watched any of the Left Behind stuff. I'm just saying that that's how the same made me feel as I was reading it. Not saying that's what would happen in game, or even real life, but I just kept expecting it, you know?

      You are hardly acting like a fool lol. You had an idea, you asked for feedback. As a writer/editor, it's good to bounce ideas off each other.

      We're blessed in the fact that our pastor is a gamer and SciFi geek. But, with the older demographics of most of our attendance, I don't see anybody else in our church gaming. Some of them don't even go to movies, some barely watch TV - it's a very very old fashioned church lol.

      --- In Christian_Gamers_Guild@yahoogroups.com, "sassynook" <sassynook@...> wrote:

      > That the left behind books, If the first person to come across the anti christ had been able to just call on the name of Jesus and poof he's cast into the pit (not saying it couldn't happen) how long would the books be? Would they have had as much of an inpact on both Christian and non Christians? Some times it's jurney that is more inportent then the destination. Most learn more by overcoming adversity then if the victory is just handed to them. Thats the main reason why stories of strugle and hardship that ends in the characters growing by the time the end comes ("win or lose"). Yes you can call on Jesus and His power will do amazing things. That isn't to say that Jesus is some form of "protection from evil spell". The subject of faith (that I didn't get a change to bring up) was later in the rules. It's more of a moot point now anyway. It was an idea I thought was a good one and learned I was wroung.
      > We as role players can teach the church the value of rpg. if we stop being scared of the lose of personal reputation or what ever. Personally I don't see that we have a chance. Lets face it, you can't have one person in the church as the head of rpg, where everyong has to suck up to them if they want to play. This is unavoidable with any large well organized group that polotics will play a big role. Maybe it's as i live in the city known for being the least friendly churches or I've just seen to manny distroyed by polotics in the church. I do know that I've probably earned the wrath of more then a few by this post and would like to just say this. Save the firey darts, I already know I've over stepped my place so theres no reason to clog the forums sharing how I've done so. Lets just move on like adults and forgive me being a fool. I would like to thank all those that offered advice on this, it has helped alot with the path I've decided to go with the game.
      > --- In Christian_Gamers_Guild@yahoogroups.com, "shari12152004" <redbaron96@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't think RPGs are dying, I think it's just changed. We play HackMaster (fantasy) and Aces and Eights (Western RPG). You can even have Christian characters in A&8s.
      > >
      > > When I read through your sample, it felt like, ok, so when are they going to call on the name of Jesus, and the adventure is over. Since we, as Christians, know God is all powerful, all knowing, all loving, it kind of makes any ending predictable, if you know what I mean.
      > >
      > > Shari

    • Rich
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 26, 2012
        The old Judges Guild Psalmean Sector for Traveller had the standard
        races (humans of various shades, dog people, cat people, etc.) plus
        elves, orcs, etc. by other names.

        The Warhammer 40K RPG has Orks, Elves, Dark Elves, etc. by other names
        as well.

        So, using fantasy races in a Sci Fi games has a long and respected
        tradition.

        In His service,

        Rich
        The Original Dr. Games Site <http://zhalindor.com/staats2.htm>