WEEKLY BIBLE READER (April 17, 2008)

  • J Mason Emerson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2008
      then click POLLS over on the left of the screen.

      Also, here are interesting links to photos of places in Israel:
      http://bibleplaces.com/ http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Jerusalem+archaeology&m=text http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Capernaum+archaeology&m=text

      For fun in pronouncing Hebrew words:
      The mountain be big. He make wine cold.
      Hah hahr hah-yah gah-dhohl. Hoo ahs-sahH yah-yeen kahr.

      You can use the following to make your own Bible-wordfinder games then print them out:

      http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/WordSearchSetupForm.asp

      RELIGION AND OTHER NEWS:

      Pope says help child abuse victims:
      http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/17/pope.thu/index.html

      There are numerous articles regarding the Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints cult situation still going on in Texas:

      http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21187/flds-76
      http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21170/flds-71
      http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21168/flds-69
      http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21190/flds-78
      http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2008-04-17-polygamist-mormon-sect_N.htm
      http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695271118,00.html

      From Jonathan Lavoier in Quebec whose main language is French
      regarding Lawrence Hughes who is suing the Watchtower Society over
      Jehovah's Witnesses and two of its attorneys since the tragic death
      of Lawrence's daughter Bethany:

      "Since Lawrence created his fondation, I posted again on my own forum
      about his plea for money to help him fight. Since he created that
      fondation people seem to be more willing to send cash. Here in Québec
      a few scandal has hit the news concerning people asking for people
      generosity in the last 2-3 years. It's a good idea that he created
      that with lawyer taking care of it. Already a few of my regular
      member said they will send him some money. Maybe you could pass that
      idea (posting on our personnal board or forum) along. It get more
      people attention this way. Myself, i will be posting it on all the
      other forum i visit."

      To assist, please make a check to: Watchtower Lawsuit and mail it to:

      Lawrence Hughes
      Box 20161
      Calgary Place RPO
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada
      T2P 4J2

      Pope Benedict XVI said Tuesday he was "deeply ashamed" of the
      clergy sexual abuse scandal that stained the Catholic church and he
      will be working to make sure pedophiles don't become priests. Click
      http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21173/catholic-church-9

      Armed Mungiki gang or cult members angry at the beheading of their
      political leader's wife in Kenya, fought paramilitary police on the
      streets, leaving up to possibly 12 people killed.
      http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21172/mungiki-40

      Trial involving abuse among Jehovah's Witnesses about to end in Murietta, California: http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080416/NEWS08/80416002

      OPENING SONG WITH WORD OF PRAYER: Preach The Bible. By Daniel W. Whittle in 1891. http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/p/r/preachtg.htm

      "Heavenly Father, by word and kindness,we pray that we will continue trying to extend the joy preaching of the Good News over the earth onto all tribes and nations even as earlier brothers and sisters did for us in the nearly 2,000 years past. Amen!"

      Top 10 Fugitive Wanted by the FBI: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/brown_jd.htm

      OUR WEEKLY BIBLE READING:

      Please join in considering the following, with each of us thoughtfully seeking to make some kind of personal application:

      2 Corinthians 7:8 Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it—I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while— 9 yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us.

      10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. 11See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.

      12 So even though I wrote to you, it was not on account of the one who did the wrong or of the injured party, but rather that before God you could see for yourselves how devoted to us you are. 13 By all this we are encouraged. In addition to our own encouragement, we were especially delighted to see how happy Titus was, because his spirit has been refreshed by all of you.

      14 I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well. 15 And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling. 16 I am glad I can have complete confidence in you.

      CLOSING SONG WITH WORD OF PRAYER:

      Our closing song is "Lord, I Want To Be A Christian." This is a traditional American folk hymn; although the original author is unknown to us he or she is certainly known to God and most likely did become a Christian.

      http://members.aol.com/alshymns/LordIWantToBeAChristian.mid
      http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/l/w/lwantbac.htm

      "Dear Heavenly Father, as the song has said, we pray that we too will become more loving like Your Son, Jesus Christ. We also ask that you forgive us please as we forgive others, Amen."

      RECIPE FOR FELLOWSHIPPING GET-TOGETHERS: Pecan Oatmeal Pie.
      Click on to read it: http://www.garvick.com/recipes-fps2/pec5f115.htm