WEEKLY BIBLE READER (Jan 9, 2008)

  • J Mason Emerson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2008
      COMMENTS FROM THE FRIENDS:

      Please forgive the tardiness. My main computer went out again and this comes to you by way of my wife's laptop. Earlier, Lucy Stone wrote:" May God continue to bless you dear friend, your weekly messages are most inspiring. Thank you for Time spent."

      Thanks back, Lucy.

      OPENING SONG AND PRAYER: Be Thou My Vision. This is believed to have
      first been composed by Dal¬lan For¬gaill in 8th Cen¬tu¬ry Ireland.
      http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/b/t/btmvison.htm

      OUR WEEKLY BIBLE READING: Please read with us and consider how the
      following can be applied somehow to your own personal situation:

      1 Corinthians 2:12 We have not received the spirit of the world but
      the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has
      freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by
      human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual
      truths in spiritual words. 14 The man without the Spirit does not
      accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are
      foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are
      spiritually discerned. 15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all
      things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: 16 "For
      who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we
      have the mind of Christ.

      CLOSING SONG AND PRAYER: Blessed Bible, Book of Gold. By Fanny
      Crosby prior to her death in 1915.
      http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/b/l/blebible.htm

      RECIPE FOR WHEN WE HAVE IN PERSON GET-TOGETHERS: Stuffed Pasta Shells
      Categories: Pasta, Italian, Main dish, Microwave
      Yield: 4 servings

      6 oz Bulk sausage
      1 c Canned chicken
      1/8 pk Saltines
      2 tb White wine
      5 oz Conchiglioni
      1/4 c Parsley
      2 Scallions
      1/4 lb Mushrooms
      2 tb Parsley
      1/2 ts Celery salt
      1/2 c Parmesan cheese
      1 tb Paprika

      Crumble sausage into casserole. Add scallions. Nuke on high three
      to four minutes. Pour off fat. Stir in chicken, sauteed mushrooms,
      crumbs, wine, parsley, and celery salt. Mix well.

      Stuff 16 shells and place four in each gratin dish. Pour Mornay
      Sauce over shells. Cover with plastic wrap. Nuke on high for seven
      to eight minutes, turning once.

      Spoon sauce over pasta before serving. Sprinkle with parmesan,
      parsley and paprika. (garvick.com)

      RELIGION NEWS: Russian doomsday cult still in cave, threatening to
      burn selves up if bothered http://www.religionnewsblog.com/20317/true-
      russian-orthodox-church-15

      Pastor cons women that he is ridding them of evil spirits and he
      rapes them in Canada http://www.religionnewsblog.com/20312/frank-
      seeko-lawrence-4

      Father murders two daughters after "spell goes bad" in Sioux City,
      Iowa: http://www.religionnewsblog.com/20306/ritual-killing
      Actor Will Smith promotes Scientology with personality test gifts
      from the cult : http://www.religionnewsblog.com/20315/scientology-
      personality-test

      Four Jehovah's Witness infants live to see their first birthday in
      British Columbia
      http://www.religionnewsblog.com/20290/jehovah-s-witnesses-48

      U.K. Muslims jump onto Church of England bishop for criticizing them:
      http://www.religionnewsblog.com/20296/islam-74

      REMINDER: Please let others know of the website so that they can
      fellowship with us.