RE: Christian Cemeteries Pakistan Re: Searching for a Grave

  • P and J Lumley
    Message 1 of 12 , May 10, 2009
      Sorry not know
      -----Original Message-----
      From: ChristianCemeteriesPakistan@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ChristianCemeteriesPakistan@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of ali_akbar39
      Sent: 07 May 2009 11:58
      To: ChristianCemeteriesPakistan@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Christian Cemeteries Pakistan Re: Searching for a Grave

      Peter,
      I may be able to help you. Please contact me off line at ilstennis@gmail. com .
      I live in Pindi and if there is a grave we should be able to find it. Please give the exact spellings of the deceased.
      Ali Khan

    • P and J Lumley
      Message 2 of 12 , May 11, 2009

        Sorry not known
        Message 3 of 12 , May 29, 2009

          BACSA has a vast archiveof photographs.  Some of them are in the British Library (the link to the catalogue is available on the BACSA web site).  I also know that Sue Farringdon herself has a very large number of photos.  I'm not sure if she does personal requests though, and I don't have any contact details for her.  You could try through BACSA somehow.

          Best regards

          John

          Micheal, so many thanks for the information that is very much appreciated and I will pass this information to Doug and Margaret.  Would you haven to know if there is a photograph of the grave stone?

          Many thanks and regards,

          The BACSA publication “Rawalpindi Cemeteries & Churches” (Susan M
          Farrington) confirms that Pamela was buried in Rawalpindi – in Harley Street
          Cemetery (which is in the cantonment). The inscription reads:
          Pam Elizabeth Gillot
          Passed away 26 Jan 1960
          Deeply missed by Mummy, Daddy, Diana and Peter.

          I hope that this is of some help.

          Regards,

          Michael

          .