murree burials

  • DUNCAN PAYLING
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2007
      Hi,
      My brother David Payling, an infant, died im Murree 14 May 1942. His death was registered via the Army BMD system and recorded by ADMS Rawalpindi District.

      What I was wondering is whether there are burial records for that period and where they are located or any other method by which I could determine where he might be buried?

      Regards,
      Duncan Payling,
      Melbourne Australia
    • DUNCAN PAYLING
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2007
        Hi List,

         Subsequent to my recent posting I have received an email (thanks Ali and Sue) which answers an earlier query confirming that my brother was buried on 15 May 1942 by W S O'Neill, the Chaplain. Unfortunately there is no record in which cemetery he was interred.

        I understand that there are two cemeteries in Murree that still have to be investigated and recorded so I am hoping that one day I will have the answer.

        I appreciate the opportunity offered by the list to help resolve such queries.

        Regards,
        Duncan Payling
        Melbourne, Australia