Re: Christian Cemeteries Pakistan Quarter-Master James DONNELLY

  • cscarnaghan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19 11:56 PM
      Thank you for your enquiry.  I have forwarded it to the author who - if she is not away on her travels - might be able to tell you.

      Quetta - Monuments & Inscriptions, by Susan Farrington.  Published in 1992.  270 pages, 100+ illustrations & plans.

      To purchase a copy please write to BACSA, 76½ Chartfield Avenue, London SW15 6HQ.  The price is £15 plus £1.50 postage (inland UK only).

      Please address future enquiries of this kind to BACSA's Honorary Secretary, Dr Rosie Llewellyn-Jones  rosieljai@...

      Yours sincerely,

      Christopher Carnaghan
      Membership Secretary
      British Association for Cemeteries in South Asia
    • John Kendall
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20 8:17 AM
        It seems that Theon Wilkinson is the person to order books from, as per
        Cathy Day's site.

        Best regards

        John

      • Janice Walker
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20 11:44 AM
          Just to say that I was able to make contact with Susan about a couple of years ago via the Putney address and she was able to give me the picture she had taken of my Grt Uncle's grave in Peshawar for a very modest sum of £5 - so good luck with your quest.

          Jan

          John Kendall <john.kendall@...> wrote:
          It seems that Theon Wilkinson is the person to order books from, as per
          Cathy Day's site.

          Best regards

          John

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8YmqlB/TM

          "ChristianCemeteriesPakistan" is a mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in the old English and Christian cemeteries from the Victorian Period located in Pakistan (formerly British India before 1947).

          Here we discuss the graves and the people buried in them. Topics include cemetery locations, conservation/preservation, and advice and assistance to those in search of specific grave queries/headstone inscriptions, etc.
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Yahoo! for Good

        • Shea
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 20 4:17 PM
            > Just to say that I was able to make contact with Susan about a couple of years
            > ago via the Putney address and she was able to give me the picture she had
            > taken of my Grt Uncle's grave in Peshawar for a very modest sum of £5 - so
            > good luck with your quest.
            >
            > Jan
            Thank you for that Jan. I am encouraged by your response.
            Clark