New member

  • johnkendall1
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
      Hi there

      Just joined. A reminder to everyone about the indian-cemeteries.org
      site which aims to preserve the images of monuments in Pakistan and
      India (I realise the inconsistency in the name and if it is a
      problem I can consider changing it). The site operates by accepting
      contributions of photographs of cemeteries and monuments which I
      then enter into the databases and publish. If anyone has anything
      which they feel may be useful please get in touch. However the
      response so far has been so good that I am somewhat in arrears in
      publishing them.

      Well done to Dr Jan for his passion and activity in this area.

      Regards

      John

      John Kendall
      http://www.jkaywebdesign.com
      http://www.kendall-family.org
      http://www.indian-cemeteries.org
      Preserving information for future access
    • James E. Siddelley
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
        Does this include Burmese cemeteries (Myanmar)?

        Red skies,
        James E Siddelley

[...]

        "ChristianCemeteriesPakistan" is a mailing list for anyone with a
        genealogical interest in the old English and Christian cemeteries from the
        Victorian Period located in Pakistan (formerly British India before 1947).

        Here we discuss the graves and the people buried in them. Topics include
        cemetery locations, conservation/preservation, and advice and assistance to
        those in search of specific grave queries/headstone inscriptions, etc.
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • John Kendall
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004

          In theory yes although I haven't had any contributions yet. As I said in my
          original e-mail the naming of the site is somewhat inconsistent since
          'India' means different things to different people. In this context it
          means neither India today, British India or The Territories of the East
          India Company. But in general terms for the site it could include British
          Administered territories on the Indian subcontinent i.e. Pakistan, India,
          Bangladesh, Burma, Sri Lanka. It largely covers Christian Cemeteries (but
          not necessarily so) and largely Christian Monuments (but again, not
          necessarily so).

          Best regards

          John