Murree Cemetery.

  • Annabelle Sutton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hello AJ.
      thank you for your reply and information.The hunt has been
      on and I have finally found my notes on my
      3x great granddad.

      List of inscriptions compiled by Miles Irving 1910:
      Grave in New Cemetery, Murree,Rawalpindi District:

      3 Sep.1886.
      In loving memory of Col.Alexander
      Macleod Stewart.b.1835. d.1886.
      Erected by his sorrowing and disconsolate mother.
      O thou that hearest prayer unto thee shall all flesh become.Psalm 1xv,verse
      2nd.

      My 3x great grandma died 3 years later,

      Mrs Mary Macleod Stewart died at Murree 12th June 1889.Burial at
      Murree, the Murree Gullis.

      Would this be the same cemetery.?

      I was surprised at the amount of cemeteries in Murree, I suppose growing up
      in Devon where most
      villages have one communal churchyard, has given me a false
      impression.Murree
      is obviously much larger than I had imagined.

      I did not know about Susan Farringtons
      collection of Murree Graves,although I do have her book on Rawalpindi
      Cemeteries and Churches.

      regards from,
      Annabelle.