Private 4815 William Dixon (K.O.Y.L.I.)

  • yates_dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2004
      I would like to discover the site of my great-uncle's grave. His
      details are as follows:-

      Private 4815 William Dixon(K.O.Y.L.I.) was killed on 29th January
      1898 at Shin Kamar, Peshawar, Tirah, North West Frontier of India
      (now Pakistan)

      Can anyone please help?

      Yours hopefully,

      Dave Yates
      Sheffield
      England
    • alijan98
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2004
        Dear Dave Yates,

        I am copying below a reply by Sue Farrington of BACSA who is an
        authority on the subject of grave listings in NWFP in respnse to your
        earlier query:

        "Dear Mr Yates
        Your enquiry about the burial place of your Great-uncle has been
        forwarded to me by Dr Ali Jan in Pakistan as I have been researching
        cemeteries there for some years now.
        Although I do not have a record of his inscription, I have a book in
        which his name is mentioned as having been a casualty of the action
        on 29 January 1898. If you would like to e.mail your postal address,
        I can send you a photocopy.
        With good wishes,
        Sue Farrington"

        Did you get in touch with Sue?

        Do you have any further information about your grerat-uncle, regiment
        etc, others places served in India etc? Perhaps somebody will be able
        to help.

        Goodluck with your search.

        Ali Jan

        --- In ChristianCemeteriesPakistan@yahoogroups.com, "yates_dave"