Re: Parables

  • G LIGHT
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 1:20 AM
      Just a little 'light' on parables ...

      Occupational guidelines featured at a workplace ... a
      brief given by the manager at a meeting attended by staff.

      The manual labour involves supporting items in one hand,
      evaluating the top item, selecting the top item with the free
      hand and placing it in a pre-determined receptacle. Which
      receptacle? Well, that depends on the evaluation.

      Put the evaluation to one side - it's not important to our
      message here. The related occupational guideline had to
      do with the number of items held in the one hand ... let's
      say this number is 10*. The manager also indicated that
      spot checks would be done at the workface, to monitor
      adherence to this guideline.

      * maximum

      You can perform the task with 20 items in one hand.

      Together with your fellow workers, you devise a
      parable, one that the manager will not understand.
      The parable is so insensible, that the manager, on
      hearing it, won't perceive it's meaning..

      One day, the manager is spotted whilst doing spot
      checks - prowling like a leopard (sorry about the
      pun) Fancy, a spotted manager, prowling like a
      leopard, doing spot checks!! :-) Your name is Kim.
      You hear a friend say quite naturally - "Heh Kim, you
      have a lot of hair growing on your palms!"

      Kim - a non-gender specific name.

      If you missed it, our parable has been stated above.
      Requires some INTERPRETATION doesn't it?

      "Heh Kim, you have a lot of hair growing on your
      palms!"

      Hair refers to the items held in the palm of one
      hand. The plural 'palms' used to throw anyone
      who isn't familiar with the parable. Kim had in
      excess of 10 items in the one hand.

      Hair doesn't grow on the palm of the hand! A
      clue or signal or sign for Kim, however more
      than likely insensible for the manager. Now this
      sign has real power (meaning) for Kim, however
      likely no power (meaning) for the manager.

      Jesus walked on water. Water refers to land.
      Peter caught fish in the sea of Galilee. This sea
      (expanse of water) refers to land. Fish are not
      caught on land! The term 'Fish' ... refers to that
      which one might 'net' on land. 'Net' should be
      interpreted as 'find'.

      We will post the location of the relevant PDF, ...
      AGAIN. However, a reader MUST necessarily
      learn to 'feed' by their own volition. At no time
      did one known as 'Jesus' lift a cripple up from the
      ground - "The cripple had to rise of his or her own
      accord!!" At no time did one known as 'Jesus' open
      the eyes of the blind ... he said - "Open your eyes!!"
      The blind had to open their own eyes!!

      If you are blind - "Open your eyes (yourself)!"
      If you are lame - "Get up and walk (by your own volition)!"
      If you are deaf - "Unstopper your ears (of your own accord)!"

      They will ask - "Am I blind if I am reading this email!"
      They will ask - "Am I lame, if I'm headed on two legs to the
      refrigerator ... LATER?"
      They will ask - "Am I deaf if I can hear the door-bell ring?"

      The answer to the above questions (3) is related to
      PERCEPTION - the receipt of the intended meaning
      of a message. One must be receptive (able to ingest
      and digest a message) as opposed to un-receptive
      (stiff necked - unable to ingest)

      Hearing, yet never perceiving - hence DEAF! (as good as)
      Seeing, yet never understanding - hence BLIND! (as g... as)
      (Adaptation of Isaiah)

      Mercifully yours,

      HARVEY

      http://www.geocities.com/vollstreckungswurzel/fishing.pdf