Latest Archeology refutes Old Testament

  • hodossphaenodon
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5 12:34 AM
      " ... even as a child I felt that neither the cowardly Abraham nor his tyrannical God came out of that story very well. And the grown-up son (Isaac) who allowed himself to be bound up to satisfy a demented father only comes out as an idiot. In any event I cannot remember that I ever thought the stories were factual accounts or were anything other than fiction (which itself makes me wonder at what age we come to separate fact from fiction). To “prove” that fiction about the long dead past is not factual is, of course, trying to prove a negative. Researchers have now shown that at the purported time of the Age of the Patriarchs (supposedly 2000 – 1500 BCE), camels did not exist in the purported habitat of the purported Patriarchs (Abraham, Joseph and Jacob). I find it interesting that camels were actually moved up from Arabia to the Levant apparently to help with a change of copper mining technology. But it is of little relevance to proving or disproving the fictions embodied in the fables of the Old Testament.

      Finding Israel’s First Camels

      Camels are mentioned as pack animals in the biblical stories of Abraham, Joseph, and Jacob. But archaeologists have shown that camels were not domesticated in the Land of Israel until centuries after the Age of the Patriarchs (2000-1500 BCE). In addition to challenging the Bible’s historicity, this anachronism is direct proof that the text was compiled well after the events it describes.

      Now Dr. Erez Ben-Yosef and Dr. Lidar Sapir-Hen of Tel Aviv University‘sDepartment of Archaeology and Near Eastern Cultures have used radiocarbon dating to pinpoint the moment when domesticated camels arrived in the southern Levant, pushing the estimate from the 12th to the 9th century BCE. …. http://ktwop.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/camel-stories-in-the-old-testament-were-made-up-and-long-after-the-purported-events/

      So there we have it. Surely time lawyers go to work and Trades Descriptions or Fraudulent Mediums Act are enforced against the Church cultists ...
      Steve Nichols
      http://posthuman.tv/page8.html
    • ralphmusseau
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6 4:55 PM

        They sure pack there goods and supplies on something didn't they....I'm sure it was not on his wife or his back....wrong animal maybe "yea so what"...nobody really knows.