Re: [Christian-Philosophy] Do you want to improve this group? Please make som...

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2013
      Hi Joseph and all Members,

      Yes, many prefer Facebook.  I just checked out all the Christian Philosophy groups on Facebook; most of them have only one member - not much interest !

      This one might be good

      122 members.

      Info on this closed group:

      • "So why did I start this group?

        I never thought that I would do this, but after being kicked out, threatened with removal, and silenced in other groups, I decided to create a place to where history is encouraged. I like the study of ancient words and how they have lost their original meanings over time. Their original meanings shed quite a different light on things.

        When studying theology with archeology, I find a different kind of Christianity emerges.

        Please be aware that nothing about Jesus will be assumed. We are not saying he is God, and we are not saying that he is not. We are a blank-slate group.

        I have been silenced in other groups for suggesting that the book of Genesis is not about how the world was created, but about why there is pain and suffering in the world, and that we can go ahead with science's explanations for our Universe. Imagine that! Science and religion can be compatible.

        So here it is: a place where historical critiques are encouraged; talk of science is encouraged; comparative religious studies are encouraged. No one gets silenced for talk of so-called "heresies." Our religious ancients got to discuss these things, so why can't we?"
      I will keep this group active so that some of your important messages is the 12 year or so archive may be copied for posting elsewhere.  This C-P group here is an open group for all to see.