Interesting article on increasing disbelief in the Bible

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17 9:23 AM
      Dear Members,

      It's been quiet here lately. And many new members and some old members have never posted questions or comments so far. Please feel free to introduce yourself and share some of your Christian Philosophy views.

      This short article may spark some comments. Is this trend good or bad and why? Solutions?

    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18 12:38 PM
        A lot of the problems come from people not "trusting" (for better word) in the church. There has been so many changes and downfalls to the church in the last 25 years, that people aren't sure what to believe anymore. God gives us the answers to a lot of our questions just by reading the bible.

        The church NEEDS the bible. The bible does not NEED the church.

        I am not trying to rant here. But, this is the first thing that came to my mind when reading that article. I recently began reading the bible daily (a chapter of Old Testament, some of the gospel, and maybe a psalm or two). It is absolutely amazing the information you can find, when you are looking for it yourself.  People have to learn to get into the routine of reading the bible, and THEN going out and finding a church with people that have the same beliefs as they do. Most people are doing this the other way. Sort of like joining a chess club, before ever having played a game. It can be done. But, it seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

        Also, courses in apologetics would be very beneficial to believers nowadays. Atheists are very proud when they argue their points, and they are in the majority. It is almost looked upon as naiviety when you tell someone that you believe in the word of God, and that Jesus is your saviour. They look remorseful at you. This is the time to - not change their minds (that takes time) - but, atleast make them question what they believe. Apologetics would be very beneficial here!

        My quick views. Look to read others comments.

        Dave

      • Ralph Musseau
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18 2:46 PM

          The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age [Brother Dave adds: This is Matthew chapter 24 which has caused much confusion among Christians.]

          3�Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what�will be�the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
          4�And Jesus answered and said to them:�“Take heed that no one deceives you.5�For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.6�And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for alla]" style="font-size: 0.65em; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: top;">[a]these things�must come to pass, but the end is not yet.7�For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences,b]" style="font-size: 0.65em; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: top;">[b]�and earthquakes in various places.8�All these�are�the beginning of sorrows.
          9�“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.10�And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.11�Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.12�And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.13�But he who endures to the end shall be saved.14�And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
        • yashuasaves2@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 10, 2014

            Thank you. About trusting a church. I agree, this issue in the US angers me. many join churchs for reasons of selfishness and personal gain. Many want acceptance and recognition. Wealthier members will tithe some but keep a huge amount to support there rich lifestyle.
            Keep in mind the 10% tithe doctrine is old testiment.
            Many pastors tread softly in rich societys to not offend.
            However our lord jesus christ and st paul and Peter laid down the rule.
            It ALL belongs to God.
            See Acts 2. Aninias and Saghira fell dead when lieing about richs. (Not about IRS or debts).
            Lets preach the real gospel and stop appeasing these people.
            Marl

            Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android