Melchizedek

  • Bill Cunningham
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013
      I know it is well known among the Jews that Melchizedek was Shem, Noah's
      son. The mystery schools teach they fake deaths somethings and change
      bodies.
      There are 7 mystery schools and have always been. How exactly did the
      urantia book come to be. I am giving information not calling it or anyone
      else lying of course.

      Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013
        Hi Bill C. and all,

        Here are the Bible verses on Melchizedek who was a high Son of God sent down here about 4,000 years ago to keep the Light of Truth on this planet alive and to prepare the way for his and our Creator Son of God Jesus Christ Michael to come down here about 2,000 years later.

        http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=Melchizedek&qs_version=KJV

        Topical index results 16 Results
        1. ABRAHAM » Is blessed by Melchizedek (Genesis 14:18-20; Hebrews 7:1-10)
        5. JERUSALEM » Melchizedek was the ancient king and priest of (Genesis 14:18)
        9. MELCHESEDEC » See MELCHIZEDEK

        In The Urantia Book there are many pages on that Melchizedek and all others of that order who are "lesser Christ types" directly under Jesus. They fully share spiritual Truth without error almost as well as Jesus does;  but they do not have the Creative Powers of our and their Michael Creator Son Jesus Christ.

        If any have any questions about Melchizedeks, I will share more

        In The Urantia Book, see Paper 29 section 1 Pages 223-224 and then Paper 35 sections intro, 1-4, Pages 384-389 They are mentioned in many other places in TUB

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2013
          Hello Bill:

          I will answer your questions about The Urantia Book to the best of my knowledge.  If I stop responding, it is likely not my doing, and you may reach me directly at merickson@....

          Machiventa Melchizedek is not the son of Noah.  Actually he is not the son of any man or woman.  Here is what the Old Testament has to say about him:

          "...without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God..."  KJV; Hebrews 7:3.

          This remarkable Melchizedek sage is one of many created beings with continuing responsibility throughout our local universe, His mysterious materialization on our planet in 1980 BC and his equally mysterious disappearance 94 years later is characterized in The Urantia Book as having been a kind of an emergency bestowal measure aimed primarily at preparing the way for the incarnation of Jesus of Nazareth 1973 years later.

          He became the main mentor to Abraham.  He helped keep Abraham and his budding Hebraic monotheistic inclinations on track.  His counseling lead to Abraham's founding a compatible Judaic religion and to siring a human line of descendents capable of parenting and raising Joshua ben Joseph, or Jesus of Nazareth, or Michael of Nebadon as we also know him.

          You can find a considerable amount of "fair and balanced" information about the origin of The Urantia Book if you search it in Wikipedia.  The entire text and audio versions of The Urantia Book are available online for free.

          Mark Erickson
          merickson@...

          "In a day and generation when a man was not supposed to salute even his own wife in a public place,

          Jesus dared to take women along as teachers of the gospel in connection with his third tour of Galilee."

          THE URANTIA BOOK

          (1671.3) 149:2.8