question

  • Bill Cunningham
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2013
      What reality is paradise in now? And the God that I'm most familiar with is
      pure act with no potenteality and is outside of time. I'm on part I.

      Bill
    • Peter Silverstone
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2013

        Bill, paradise is a prophesy and a promises. Paradise exists for us, as a potentiality. That is, Man, individually, and collectively is capable of creating a paradise on earth. And we have to each one of us, help God to manifest it through personal sacrifice. Its not that God is “outside time” Rather, “Time” does not exist. Nor does space exists. These are a creation of human consciousness. They are mental tools, which we use to measure conscious experiences, but in themselves they do not exists. It also means that “public, objective, observer independent reality is mealy an illusion. What exists, is Oneness. We are all One, with God, in God and for God, The Christ.

        Peter

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
          Makes sense. Realism. So space and time are subjective. Something like
          buddhism teaches. Some of those beings with the absolute sound like buddhas
          too.

          Peter Silverstone wrote:
          > Bill,
          > paradise is a prophesy and a promises. Paradise exists for us, as a
          > potentiality. That is, Man, individually, and collectively is capable
          > of creating a paradise on earth. And we have to each one of us, help
          > God to manifest it through personal sacrifice. Its not that God is
          > “outside time” Rather, “Time” does not exist. Nor does space exists.
          > These are a creation of human consciousness. They are mental tools,
          > which we use to measure conscious experiences, but in themselves they
          > do not exists. It also means that “public, objective, observer
          > independent reality is mealy an illusion. What exists, is Oneness. We
          > are all One, with God, in God and for God, The Christ.
          > Peter
          >

          > ________________________________

        • billcu34
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
            What the Urantia book says is that paradise is the biggest infinite place. I'm a little confused though about how something can be infinite and "biggest" as it has measurements.

            Bill

            --- In Christian-Philosophy@yahoogroups.com, Peter Silverstone <ongeasana@...> wrote:

            > Bill,
            > paradise is a prophesy and a promises. Paradise exists for us, as a
            > potentiality. That is, Man, individually, and collectively is capable of
            > creating a paradise on earth. And we have to each one of us, help God to
            > manifest it through personal sacrifice. Its not that God is “outside time”
            > Rather, “Time” does not exist. Nor does space exists. These are a creation of
            > human consciousness. They are mental tools, which we use to measure conscious
            > experiences, but in themselves they do not exists. It also means that “public,
            > objective, observer independent reality is mealy an illusion. What exists, is
            > Oneness. We are all One, with God, in God and for God, The Christ.
            > Peter
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Peter Silverstone
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013

              And what I say to you, I say to all: stay awake!” “Mark 13:35-37
              Bill, I do not know much about Buddhism. I know some of its teachings agree with what Scientists have found, which logic, epistemology, and philosophy are slowly concurring with.  This is about our reality being a dream state, or Maya. Quantum Mechanics, have led to the contention that reality and observer are entangled, in that the nature of matter at quantum realm is influenced by the observer. This means that, our actions good or evil have an impact on what unfolds around us. Our perception of a disconnected reality, is merely an illusion. This illusion, replicates the dream state, where our minds, create a reality, which replicate the waking reality. In our dream, we perceive a reality which appear disconnected, observer independent, and out there. But when we wake up, we find that all that we dreamt, was us. we were the people, the things, the places we went. We were both creators and experiencers of the dreams state. Once we wake up, we meet a reality which replicates the dream state.    If science has shown  that there is wholeness in the reality, an implicate order of interconnectedness, unfolding an explicate order of physical reality, and yet, in our wakefulness we interpret this reality as separate, objective and disconnected  from us just like we did in our dream state,  it can only mean that,  just as   our  dream state,   was  an altered state of consciousness, what we perceive as  “physical reality” must also be an altered state of consciousness. This  explains illusion of separateness which appears to be, but which we have found out through scientific enquiry, to be merely an illusion. Given that when we were asleep our mind was unconscious, and deluded us about a separate reality existing which we later found  that it was all a creation of  our mind, in this waking reality, our mind too, must be deluded by our  senses. In a sense therefore, we are not yet awake!  This so-called, wakeful state, is  still, a dream state. We are in deed, in a  dream state.  There is no separateness in consciousness

              Peter Silverstone wrote:
              > Bill,
              > paradise is a prophesy and a promises. Paradise exists for us, as a
              > potentiality. That is, Man, individually, and collectively is capable
              > of creating a paradise on earth. And we have to each one of us, help
              > God to manifest it through personal sacrifice. Its not that God is
              > “outside time” Rather, “Time” does not exist. Nor does space exists.
              > These are a creation of human consciousness. They are mental tools,
              > which we use to measure conscious experiences, but in themselves they
              > do not exists. It also means that “public, objective, observer
              > independent reality is mealy an illusion. What exists, is Oneness. We
              > are all One, with God, in God and for God, The Christ.
              > Peter

            • Peter Silverstone
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013

                Bill, stick to the bible. It has all answers

                Peter