Re: I don't understand the Garden of Eden

  • AJ R
    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 21, 2013

      Hi,All

      Interesting subject. I am giving my views on the subject and are not intended to offend or convert.

      Simply, stating a point of view as a presentation only.

      The "story" of the Garden of Eden is a story of Paradise lost.

      What do I mean "Paradise Lost"?

      The story is a revelation of God's almighty power to create all there is and to explain our existence as "living souls" after His image.

      Verse confirmation: Gen_3:22  And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

      "As one of us"?.......as gods?

      Living souls.....as gods? (Notice my use her of the lower case g)
      Made in the image of?

      Therefore, the consequence of that is:Gen 3:23  Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
      Gen 3:24  So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

      ...."lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever"....

      There, by God's own hand and full knowledge of His own creation expels the gods. (termed separation = death of the soul)

      ..."live forever"? was not an option until Jesus came...as the tree of life giving us the ability to exercise that option..."lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life"...

      Jesus was predestined to die in order to save "that which was lost".

      Confirming verse:1Ti 2:14  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
      1Ti 2:15  Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

      Meaning...if Jesus... "continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety" and endureth to the end, salvation would come to all mankind.

      And that He did...as God in human form....the seconded TYPE of Adam, but this time....life forever.

      Blessings, AJ

    • Peter Silverstone
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 24, 2014
        People keep confusing between Old Testament, and New Testament. Some claim that Old Testament is not correct and New testament is correct. Greater confusion is brought by the fact that there are people who deliberately want to mislead others.

        Focus should be on this:-
        Why is the God of Old Testament so violent, and of the New Testament so meek?
        who is Jesus, and why does he appear so humble when his Father, Yahweh, appear so violent?

        The clue is in Zechariah

        God says,
        “The word of Yahweh about Israel. It is I, Yahweh, who speaks, who spread the heaven, and founded the earth, and formed the Spirit of Man, within him.” Zechariah 12:1-2

        So, what kind of Spirit is Man?

        We read again, from the bible

        ‘Let us make Man, in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild beasts, and all the reptiles that crawl upon the earth’ God created man, in the image of himself, and in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them. “Genesis 1:26-29.

        So, from the bible we learn that Man has a Spirit, which is the Image and likeness of God! This, is the Spirit of Man!

        Who is Jesus?
        We read again from the Bible
        “I tell you most solemnly, the hour will come-in fact, it is here already-when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and all who hear it, will live. For the Father, who is the source of Life, has made the Son, the source of life, and because he is the Son of Man, has appointed him, supreme judge." John 5:26-28.

        Jesus therefore is the Son of God (The Spirit of God) and also the Son of Man (The Spirit of Man)

        Yahweh, therefore, is the Spirit of God before He knew Himself as Man, and the Spirit of Man, before He knew himself as the Image of God.
        Christ, therefore, is ow the True Image of God and Man. And he does what he sees his Father, Man and God doing. He holds the keys, to life

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)