Ransom and redemption.

  • Isa
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2013
      Bro. Dave and all:

      Here is some comments by an anonymous commenter I have read.

      The 'Old' or Law covenant was indeed fulfilled by Jesus perfectly, and it was nailed to the cross with Him in a figurative sense as the Law made nothing perfect as respects one's conscience; the new Christian covenant was able to cleanse one's conscience from dead works because the blood of the new covenant was provided by the sinless Lamb, Jesus Christ, and was able to open up the way to God, and everlasting life. The Law was just a shadow of the things to come under the Christian Covenant, and prefigured realities that will take place fully in God's Kingdom, but in a minor sense also today among real believers in God and His Messiah, the Christ. The scriptures warn believers not to get involved in fulfilling requirements of the Law Covenant as if Christ, our Passover Lamb had not been already sacrificed, but to show faith in the value of His blood to forgive sins andshare this hope with others. So it is quite fulfilled, right