Re: [Christian-Philosophy] I don't understand the Garden of Eden

  • Isabelo S Alcordo
    Message 1 of 87 , Apr 11 9:21 PM

      The Bible has a very vague understanding, hence revelation,  of what a soul is. The best way to understand "Biblical soul" is "biological life" which is common to all animals and even plants. Such biological life is physically represented by what we call DNA, the hereditary material of all living things. As such, it is subject to evolutionary modifications or changes. For the believers in God, these changes or their evolutions are divinely-guided or planned, thus the term "theistic evolution."  Thus, biological man is said to be the result of theistic evolution.  And biological man, being divinely planned by a Creator from whatever source material into "being or into a 'living soul'" may also be said "to have been created by God!

      The Urantia Book reveals a lot more about man than the Bible. Besides man's biological life which includes the physical brain, God, through the Third Person of the Paradise Trinity, the Infinite Spirit, endowed man with "material MIND" through the "seven adjutant mind spirits" the "seven spirit of God sent out into all the earth"  to evolve in man the qualities or spirits of courage, counsel, knowldge, understanding. intuition, worship, and wisdom. The Universal Father himself also invested or endowed man with a fragment of his pre-personal spirit the THOUGHT ADJUSTER (or the Mystery Monitor) that dwells in man's material MIND. And the UB reveals the evolution of the IMMORTAL SOUL, thus:

      (111:2.2) The material mind of mortal man is the cosmic loom that carries the morontia fabrics on which the indwelling Thought Adjuster threads the spirit patterns of a universe character of enduring values and divine meanings—a surviving SOUL of ultimate destiny and unending career, a potential finaliter.

      Get a copy of the UB or access it in the internet: www.urantiabook.org

      Your brother in the spirit.

      ISA

      www.newlightandlifeministry.org

      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 24, 2014
        People keep confusing between Old Testament, and New Testament. Some claim that Old Testament is not correct and New testament is correct. Greater confusion is brought by the fact that there are people who deliberately want to mislead others.

        Focus should be on this:-
        Why is the God of Old Testament so violent, and of the New Testament so meek?
        who is Jesus, and why does he appear so humble when his Father, Yahweh, appear so violent?

        The clue is in Zechariah

        God says,
        “The word of Yahweh about Israel. It is I, Yahweh, who speaks, who spread the heaven, and founded the earth, and formed the Spirit of Man, within him.” Zechariah 12:1-2

        So, what kind of Spirit is Man?

        We read again, from the bible

        ‘Let us make Man, in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild beasts, and all the reptiles that crawl upon the earth’ God created man, in the image of himself, and in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them. “Genesis 1:26-29.

        So, from the bible we learn that Man has a Spirit, which is the Image and likeness of God! This, is the Spirit of Man!

        Who is Jesus?
        We read again from the Bible
        “I tell you most solemnly, the hour will come-in fact, it is here already-when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and all who hear it, will live. For the Father, who is the source of Life, has made the Son, the source of life, and because he is the Son of Man, has appointed him, supreme judge." John 5:26-28.

        Jesus therefore is the Son of God (The Spirit of God) and also the Son of Man (The Spirit of Man)

        Yahweh, therefore, is the Spirit of God before He knew Himself as Man, and the Spirit of Man, before He knew himself as the Image of God.
        Christ, therefore, is ow the True Image of God and Man. And he does what he sees his Father, Man and God doing. He holds the keys, to life

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)