Re: [Christian-Philosophy] I don't understand the garden of eden

  • Peter Silverstone
    Message 1 of 87 , Apr 1, 2013

                                                Aden is  not on Earth,  its  in Paradise!
       In order to figure  out where Aden is, we can trace it to wherever we find, a reference to either the tree of life, or the tree of knowledge of good and evil mentioned anywhere else in the bible. For the bible states  that these two trees were planted by God  in Eden.  We read; “Yahweh God, caused to spring, from the soil, every kind of tree, enticing to look at, and good to eat, with the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the middle of the garden.” Genesis 2: 2:9-10 When God had Adam thrown out of Aden, he says, “See, Man has become like one of us, with his knowledge of good and evil. He must not be allowed to stretch his hand out next, and pick from the tree of Life also and eat some and live for ever” Genesis 3:22-23 Evidently where the tree of knowledge of good and evil, was, there too, was the tree of life. Therefore, where we find either  of these trees,  mentioned anywhere else in the bible,  there,  should Eden be.
       In the book of Revelation, we read Jesus, telling his followers this; “If anyone has ears to hear, let him listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches; for those who prove victorious, I will feed from the Tree of Life, set in God’s paradise” Revelation 2:7. This is the same tree of life that we find in Genesis 2:9-15.  If then, Jesus, who is resurrected and gone back to the father, is promising his victorious followers that  he will allow them to eat from the tree of life, in the paradise of God, it can only mean that he is where it is. This same tree of life, which God is warning the heavenly hosts that Adam should not be allowed to partake of its fruit.
       This same paradise, where this tree of life is located,  is the same that Jesus promises the repentant thief, who pleaded for Jesus as he suffered on the cross. We read; “One of the criminals hanging there abuses him. “Are you not the Christ?” he said. “Save yourself and us as well” but the other spoke up rebuking him. “Have you no fear of God at all? He said. “You got the same sentence as he did, but in our case, we deserve it. We are paying for what we did. But this man has done nothing wrong.” “ Jesus” He said; “remember me when you come to your kingdom. “. “ In deed I promise you,” He replied, today, you will be with me in paradise Luke 23: 39-43.  If then, Jesus was promising the repentant  thief that he would be with him in paradise after he died,   it could  only mean that paradise, is neither on earth, nor is it a physical place. It becomes accessible to Jesus, and the repentant thief  after death. Consequently, paradise then, is a spiritual place, and so is Aden, where the tree of life is. Its in Heaven! Its earth, as God intended it.

      Peter

      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 24, 2014
        People keep confusing between Old Testament, and New Testament. Some claim that Old Testament is not correct and New testament is correct. Greater confusion is brought by the fact that there are people who deliberately want to mislead others.

        Focus should be on this:-
        Why is the God of Old Testament so violent, and of the New Testament so meek?
        who is Jesus, and why does he appear so humble when his Father, Yahweh, appear so violent?

        The clue is in Zechariah

        God says,
        “The word of Yahweh about Israel. It is I, Yahweh, who speaks, who spread the heaven, and founded the earth, and formed the Spirit of Man, within him.” Zechariah 12:1-2

        So, what kind of Spirit is Man?

        We read again, from the bible

        ‘Let us make Man, in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild beasts, and all the reptiles that crawl upon the earth’ God created man, in the image of himself, and in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them. “Genesis 1:26-29.

        So, from the bible we learn that Man has a Spirit, which is the Image and likeness of God! This, is the Spirit of Man!

        Who is Jesus?
        We read again from the Bible
        “I tell you most solemnly, the hour will come-in fact, it is here already-when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and all who hear it, will live. For the Father, who is the source of Life, has made the Son, the source of life, and because he is the Son of Man, has appointed him, supreme judge." John 5:26-28.

        Jesus therefore is the Son of God (The Spirit of God) and also the Son of Man (The Spirit of Man)

        Yahweh, therefore, is the Spirit of God before He knew Himself as Man, and the Spirit of Man, before He knew himself as the Image of God.
        Christ, therefore, is ow the True Image of God and Man. And he does what he sees his Father, Man and God doing. He holds the keys, to life

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)