New member.

  • geoff Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2012
      hello Friends,

      I have joined the group for the first time today.

      I live on my own and two cats for company. I admit to having multiple disabilities, which are causing a degree of concern as time goes on and I get older. I may have to sell my home and go into sheltered accommodation eventually, but I’m coping at the moment.

      I first met with Jesus Christ for real, in 1972. I followed Him closely for a number of years. I moved to the North of England and couldn’t find a church where I could settle down to continue with other Christians of the same mind.

      Gradually over a thirty year period, I fell away from the Lord until 2008. I never lossed my faith totally, but my life crept into a life of sin. Peter’s backsliding has been a great comfort, Lk. 22:54-62; if only because the Lord appeared to him after His resurrection, Jn. 21:1, 7; 1 Cor. 15:5.

      It was at this time, I had a serious illness or to be more precise, a Diabetic KetoAcidosis incident. I’m told that I wasn’t expected to live. To cut a long story short, when I came round, I discovered that my father was also on his death bed. He died a month later. I had a stormy time with my wife and family which only got worse as time progressed. This was in part, due to my return to Jesus. It was during this time that I discovered that my weakness was to demonstrate the strength of Jesus in my life, 2 Cor. 12:9.

      The Lord has been my rock and refuge ever since. He has sustained me during a difficult stormy passage. I live on my own after my wife died eighteen months ago, who accepted the Lord about six weeks before her death. That was a great comfort to me at the time and since. To add to the problems that faced me, my brother died of Cancer six months later.

      Life hasn’t been kind or without trouble since returning to the Lord jesus, but no one ever promised that life would ever be easy, nor did Christ. Nevertheless, I have no intention of ever leaving the Lord ever again. Everything that has happened to me, only increases my determination to hang on to His hand. He knows our problems and the temptations we face, Heb. 4:15. I haven’t reached perfection yet, and still have a number of issues to face, confront and deal with, but the Lord hasn’t finished with me yet. Thank God for that!

      I look forward to future discussions with some of you as time goes on. I don’t expect everyone to accept all my views, and I don’t doubt, I will disagree with some views too.

      Yours in the fellowship of Christ,

      Geoff