Restoration

  • Mr. Kidd
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011

      Others,

      The USA had been a bastion for human rights and a haven for the prosperous. Now it is steeped in deep debt and awaits deliverance from economic hardship.

      The following re-write is an appeal for the restoration of national integrity.

      Please Restore the Vineyard

      Restore us, O God of Hosts.
      Show the light from your sun
      and we will be saved.

      You brought a vine out from a land of cruelty.
      You prepared the vineyard for growth.
      The earth is the work of your hands.
      The heavens have declared your handiwork.
      You cast out those that enslaved people.

      One day tells its tale to another.
      One night imparts knowledge to the other.
      Although time has no words or language;
      the message has gone to the ends of the world;
      the sound has gone out to all lands.

      A pavilion has been set for the sun in the deep.
      Light comes forth like a bridegroom from his chamber
      Illumination rises like a champion to run his course.

      The course is run from the uttermost edge
      and runs to the end of the heavens.
      Nothing is hidden from its brilliant radiance.

      The law of the LORD is perfect.
      It revives the soul.
      It gives wisdom
      to all who need it.

      You will not make any false gods.
      You will not abuse the name
      of the LORD your God.
      Remember to worship together.
      You will work for six days,
      but preserve time for holiness.
      Honor your father and mother
      that your generation may live long
      in the land in which you live.
      You will not murder. You will not commit adultery.
      You will not steal. You will not bear false witness
      against your neighbor. You will not covet another's property.

      Love God. Love others. Then you will love yourself.
      Keep yourself from sin to keep yourself from crime.
      Care for those who need it. Love your enemy.
      Hate violence and deception
      or you will never progress in justice
      or find justice in progress.

      The commandments of the LORD are just.
      They give joy to the heart and insight to the mind.
      They make the vine take root.

      The vine took root. It grew.
      The tendrils stretched out along the rivers
      and reached down to the sea.
      The mountains were covered by its shadow;
      The towering trees by its shade.
      The land was filled with fertility.
      Justice was the fruit of immortality.

      The landowner leased the vineyard to tenants.
      When the harvest time had come
      he sent messengers to collect
      the profit from its produce.

      One was beaten.
      One was stoned.
      Another was killed.
      He sent his son
      hoping for respect.

      The tenants seized the son,
      cast him out of the vineyard
      and killed him.

      Now the walls of the vineyard
      have been broken down.

      The wild boar has ravaged the earth.
      The beasts of the forest
      have eaten their fill of our fruit.

      Injustice has established inequity.
      Inequity has caused strife among the people.

      What will the owner of the vineyard do to the tenants?
      He will take it away from them and give it to people
      who will produce the fruit of justice.

      Turn now, O God of hosts, look down from heaven.
      Behold this vine in your vineyard.
      Preserve what your hands have planted.
      Tend to the growth of the garden.
      Restore our faith.

      Your judgments are true and righteous
      O LORD, our strength and redeemer.
      They are more desirable than gold
      and sweeter by far than honey.

      Let the words of my mouth
      and the meditation of my heart,
      be acceptable in your sight,
      O LORD God of hosts.

      (Exodus 20:1-4, 7-9, 12-20; Psalm 19, Psalm 80, Matt.21:33-46)

      Our nation is the vineyard. Our vineyard is a broken mess. Each of us is an image of the mess. Each of us has the potential to become a beautiful thing.

      Can you make this broken mess into a beautiful thing?

      Heather Williams – Beautiful Thing
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzgxLhXkLEA

      Please restore each with the restoration of all.

      Steve K.

    • Mr. Kidd
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2011

        Others,

        Please consider the implications of the request for restoration.

        Somehow we know what paradise is. It exists in our dreams if nowhere else. It is a place that often contrasts life as we know it. Nevertheless, we know something that is drawn from ordinary sense perception and applied to life as it could be.

        This is the place that we desire to have restored. A place to which we have never actually yet been. We are entitled to live in paradise. We just need to elect the leadership that will help us find our way there.

        Restoration fm Ps 80

        Is-ra-el: Seat for the Light of God

        Hear us, Protector of justice,
        leading increase for providence;
        Shine forth, you who are enthroned on wings.

        Stir up your strength. Help us
        with productivity, protection
        and remembrance.

        Restore us, God of nations.
        Show your light.
        We will be saved.

        O LORD God of mercy,
        how long will you be angry
        despite the prayers of your people?

        You have fed us fear.
        You have given us
        tears to drink.

        You have made us the derision of our neighbors.
        Our enemies have laughed us to scorn.

        Restore us, God of love.
        Shine your light.
        We will be saved.

        Let your strength be with your product;
        the offspring whom you made strong for yourself.

        Give us life. We will call upon your Name.
        We will not turn away from you.

        Restore us, God of the people.
        Shine light from your presence.
        We will be saved.

        ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

        Redemption from the past is a biblical theme (Mannasah - Forgetting). Redemption looks at the behaviors of the past and improves upon them. The improvement is rendered in relation to the ideals of mercy and justice with truth.

        Insofar as ideals suggest an "upward" movement in the improvement of behavior, we are asking for help in moving "higher." This redemption is a restoration of paradise. The paradise of experience in youth has become the field of dreams for the world.

        The song "Higher" by Creed addresses this movement to restoration in the world of dreams.

        Creed – Higher
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LASeWCB8J0&feature=related

        "So let's go there.
        Let's make our escape.
        C'mon let's go there.
        Let's ask, "Can we stay?"

        "Can you take me higher;
        To a place where blind men see?
        Can you take me higher;
        To a place with golden streets?"

        Let's make this world, a world for peace,

        Steve K.