Re: [Christian-Philosophy] Re: Fw: Gays launch hate attack against Mormons

  • Geoff
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 30, 2008
      Andre Traversa wrote:

      > Geoff,
      > Saying the bible is historically reliable and saying it's the Word of
      > God are two entirely different things.

      You're putting words into my mouth, and attempting to set up a straw man
      argument. Please stick to the actual words on the page and dont read
      into them. I'm not so clever that what I say is anything other than what
      I mean.

      I said we have historical evidence which shows that what the Bible says
      is true. And I asked for the same evidence from the B.O.M or U.B.

      !DSPAM:4933598a271811089554942!
    • Andre Traversa
      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 4, 2008
        John,
        No, I am not a Deist; I am not suggesting that God is aloof or indifferent to our concerns.
        But God is above and beyond national battles and grievances.
        Thanking God for victory in war is a legitimate step in religious
        evolution; but it's something we should grow beyond.
        God has certainly acted in history, the Incarnation is a prime example of
        that. God also sends a part of Hismelf to indwell the minds of human
        beings.
        But God doesn't need to promote genocide in order to participate in our individual lives.
        Andre