"The r-pi Resistor" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • josephylee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2007
      The r-pi Resistor
      by Joseph Y. Lee

      To the Brothers and Sisters who are faithful in Christ
      Jesus:

      Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the
      Lord Jesus Christ.

      Sometimes, it was not your fault when you did not land
      a job after your interview. I would be surprised when
      some interviewers really did not know what they were
      talking about.

      When I was interviewing for a technician job, the
      interviewer asked me to draw a schematic hybrid
      pi model of a npn bipolar transistor (BJT). I put a
      base, collector, and emitter for the BJT. Also, I put
      a r-pi resistor between the base and emitter and a
      base-emitter voltage controlled variable current source
      between the collector and emitter. Somehow, the
      interviewer tried to correct me that I should not put
      the r-pi resistor. He insisted that there was no r-pi
      resistor. I tried to convince him that there should
      be a r-pi resistor when there was 0.7 volt drop between
      the base and emitter. Somehow, I felt the interviewer
      did not understand what I was talking about. I even
      explained clearly if there were a 0.7V drop without a
      finite resistor, then the current between the base and
      emitter would be infinite, and thus, it would destroy
      the BJT transistor. Again, my interviewer did not seem
      to understand what I was talking about. In the end, I
      did not get the job.

      When Joseph was asked to sleep with the Potiphar's wife,
      Joseph refused to sleep with her. Even though he did the
      right thing, he landed in prison. The moral point of the
      my job interview story was that sometimes, you could
      fail the interview even though you got all of the right
      answers during the interview. Just don't give up.
      (Genesis 39)

      Thank you for your prayers.

      Grace be with all those who incorruptibly love our Lord
      Jesus Christ.

      Following the will of God,
      Joseph Yosuk Lee
      http://www.josephylee.org