File - multipleaddresses.txt

  • christian-philosophy@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 75 , Aug 1, 2007
      Multiple recipients prohibited!
      -------------------------------

      Due to security reasons and the proliferation of spam on the net these
      days, the moderators have come to the conclusion that multiple
      recipients should not be allowed when sending an email to
      christian-philosophy@yahoogroups.com.

      The reason for this is that we do not know who is subscribed to every
      list, and therefore cannot guarantee the safety of any person's email
      address on this list should someone cross-post. Such recipients can as a
      result of multiple recipients in an email to this list, start spamming
      this list recipients. We all know how infuriating such spam is.

      "Multiple recipients" constitute sending an email message to more than
      one recipient at once. That means that you include more than one
      recipient in the "To" or "Cc" field of your email message. The result
      is that you are making available the email addresses of people who may
      not want their addresses made public. The only exception is having
      christian-philosophy@yahoogroups.com in both places. Although that is
      not necessary (the server will only send one), it will not be
      considered a violation of the rules.

      This will be grounds for immediate banning from christian-philosophy.
    • christian-philosophy@yahoogroups.com