21149National Day of Prayer - - interesting Pew Research on this

  • brotherdavejesusonian
    May 1, 2014
      Dear Members,

      I have been busy configuring my new computers and operating systems as well as playing Christian music gigs; so this group has slowed down.

      Please consider now  posting your comments, questions, introduce yourself, de-lurk yourself, etc.  Thank you.

      All old or new topics are welcome. See the guidelines on this Home page.

      Here is a short article on Prayer and religious/spiritual trends.

      http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/05/01/5-facts-about-prayer/

      Here are two brief quotes from there:
            76% of Americans agreed with the statement “prayer is an important part of my daily life,” a percentage that has remained relatively stable over the last 25 years.
            Even among those who are religiously unaffiliated, 21% said they pray daily.

      I add that our prayers should never tell God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit what to do; They each and all know all and are doing for each and every human the very best,all-perfect spiritual help and guidance.  Prayer should be to change us to better bear the fruits of the Spirit in our daily lives.  If we pray for others; we should tell them so; and that could help them some.  God's perfect plans for others do not change by how we pray for them !! Prayers should be in the Spirit of God and not merely praying change physical conditions.  Human helpers sometimes can change physical health conditions -- such as doctors, medicines, operations, etc.

      Here are the fruits of the Spirit as Revealed by Jesus to us:
      Page-2054 "And the fruits of the divine spirit which are yielded in the lives of spirit-born and God-knowing mortals are: loving service, unselfish devotion, courageous loyalty, sincere fairness, enlightened honesty, undying hope, confiding trust, merciful ministry, unfailing goodness, forgiving tolerance, and enduring peace."

      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/brother-dave0137

      http://www.PureChristians.org/  or  http://www.LedByJesus.org/

      Come learn and share in one or all !