21087Re: problem with evil

  • RalphM
    Aug 19, 2013
      Evil appeared on earth when adam and eve ate from the tree of good and evil....eve first then adam. God created evil...why, because there has to be freewill a choice has to made...and evil gives you that choice. The serpent did not trick adam..he tricked eve, then eve talked adam into eating also...eve was deceived by the serpent adam was not.

      --- In Christian-Philosophy@yahoogroups.com, Peter Silverstone <ongeasana@...> wrote:

      > EVIL………….SATAN………………………MAN
      > In order to deal with the promblem of evil, we must know how it appeared on earth, and who brought it. The first
      > question  that we have to ask ourselves is this, since Evil existed before
      > Adam knew it, who brought it before God? For God claimed, that after Adam ate
      > of the tree, he became like “us” meaning, that in Gods court, someone else had
      > brought evil in the presence of God.  Who was this “us” who knew good, and
      > who were the others who knew evil? Since it was the Serpent who tricked Adam,
      > he must be the one who knew evil.  We read;  “ The serpent
      > was the most subtle of all the wild beasts that Yahweh God,  had
      > made. It asked the Woman, “ Did God really say you were not to eat from any of
      > the trees in the garden?” The woman answered the serpent, ‘We may eat the fruit
      > of the trees, in the garden, But of the fruit in the middle of the garden, God
      > said, “You must not eat it, nor touch it, under the pain of death.’ The serpent
      > said to the woman, ‘No! You will not die! God knows in fact, that on the day
      > you eat it, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like gods, knowing good
      > and evil’ Genesis 3:1-6So, who was this serpent? Was he a real snake or a
      > representation of something else? Lets see if we can figure out. In the book of
      > revelation, we read; “And now, war broke out in heaven, when Michael with his
      > angels attacked the dragon. The dragon fought back, with his angels, but they
      > were defeated, and driven out of heaven. The great dragon, the
      > primeval serpent known as the devil or Satan, who had deceived the world was
      > hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with
      > him.”  Revelation 12:7-12
      >  Who is this Devil or Satan? Jesus
      > calls the Pharisees vipers; “You serpents, brood of vipers, how can
      > you escape being condemned to hell? This is why, -look- I am
      > sending you prophets, and wise men and scribes, some you will slaughter and
      > crucify, some you will scourge in your synagogues and hunt from town to town;
      > and so, you will draw down on yourselves the blood of every upright person that
      > has been shed on earth from the blood of Abel he holy, to the blood of
      > Zachariah son of Barachiah whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the
      > altar. In truth I tell, you, it will recoil on this generation. “ Mathew
      > 23:30-35
      > Jesus calls Peter “Satan” and Judas, “A Devil”  So, all we need,
      > is to connect!  Lets go back to Genesis. When God calls for making of Man,
      > who was this Man? ‘Let us make Man, in our own image,in
      > the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of
      > the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild beasts, and all the
      > reptiles that crawl upon the earth’ God created man, in the image of
      > himself, and in the image of God he created him, male and female he created
      > them. God blessed them, saying, ‘be fruitful, multiply, fill the
> [...]
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic