11656the first email on this group

  • jimdale827
    Jan 8, 2008

      According to the first email on this group the author states….

      [The most profound quality in God is His infinite understanding. It is interesting that in the whole Bible the word "infinite" appears three times and only in the Old Testament. Of these three occurrences, only one is connected to a special attribute in God's nature. But more interesting thing is that it is not connected to God's power, but to His understanding:]

      What kind of talk, rationality, reason, logic is this?  How the Dickens does he or anyone else know `the mind' of that which is the primordial cause of all things and its understanding?  Does he even know his own mind, consciousness, psyche, essential nature of being, and thoroughly; understand it all?  No human being even knows the sum of their self and all its potentials let alone the mind of another human being let alone the `mind' (assuming it is a MIND) which causes all things to appear and happen and is also responsible for all the energies which all this stuff is derived from?  If they keep this kind of talk up then Christianity is simply going to fade away in due cause like most all the other religions which have ever existed have done.  Does this not bother people?

      Human beings are becoming more aware, more tuned in to things, better educated, more experienced in these things, more intelligent all the time – evolution of both the physical and mental aspects of creation has not finished yet.  But human beings are just not going to put up with this kind or utterly ridiculous nonsensical talk for much longer. Christianity has been evolving for near on two thousand years and if it stops at that kind of attitude and make believe then it is going to become as extinct as the Dodo.  Does the author of that text even understand the mind of his own dog as well as he seems to know the mind of the infinite mystery at the base of all thing extant ?  If this is Christianity as it is now I think I will pull the plug and move on to something else.  I would remind the author that the power that be also gave us a brain to use and the abilty to think and reason.

      --- In Christian-Philosophy@yahoogroups.com, Aleksandar Katanovic <akatanov@...> wrote:

      > The most profound quality in God is His infinite understanding. It is
      > interesting that in the whole Bible the word "infinite" appears three times
      > and only in the Old Testament. Of these three occurrences, only one is
      > connected to a special attribute in God's nature. But more interesting
      > thing is that it is not connected to God's power, but to His understanding:

      > "Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic