The Mystery Experience with Tim Freke & Who was Jesus? with Acharya on Aeon Byte

  • Abraxas
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2012
      For decades Tim Freke has brought forth the treasures of the Gnostics and Mystery Schools to the forefront of both scholarship and the occult-minded. He has distilled the wisdom of the ancients into a modern meaning (in order to give life a richer meaning to those seeking it). He reveals many of his groundbreaking insights from his new book, The Mystery Experience-- drawing from the depths of various heterodox traditions across history to create a compelling kaleidoscope that includes quantum physics, the Tao, Advaita, Buddhism, Joseph Campbell, and Carl Jung. What is synthesized is an approachable and contemporary way for each one to access a higher state of consciousness and enter into the mystery of existence. We also discuss the problem of out-dated superstitious movements; the important marriage of science and mysticism to induce harmonious Gnosis; manageable spiritual exercises that don't require strain or membership of any kind; and many other topics relevant to anyone involved in Modern Esoterica (and beyond).

      Astral Guest-- Tim Freke, best-selling author of 'The Mystery Experience: A revolutionary Approach to Spiritual Awakening', 'Lucid Living: A Book You Can Read in One Hour That Will Turn Your World Inside Out' , 'How Long is Now?' , and coauthor of 'The Jesus Mysteries'.

      Topics Discussed:

      --Tim summarizes his progressive approach to spirituality, including the definition of new terms like `paralogical thinking', `deep awake', and `presencing', among others.
      --The major flaws of non-dualist spiritualties that advance the notion of oneness.
      --A reconstruction revealing what great thinkers like Albert Einstein or Neil Bohr would think of today's materialistic science.
      --Revisiting Carl Jung's concept of The Shadow and how important it is to any type of mental or spiritual growth.
      --How skepticism should be the centerpiece of any mystic tradition, even against itself.
      --Why most esoteric faiths continue to flounder in an age when an advanced form of thinking is necessary.

      And much more!!!

      We end the show with The Prayer of Norea, from The Gnostic Eden—the first ever dance theater performance based on the Gnostic Creation Narrative. Written by Zeke Li, music composed by Piotr Nowotnik. You can find more information at www.pleroma.hk.

      Our rebroadcast is Aeon Byte #79-- Was There a Historical Jesus? with Acharya S./D.M. Murdock, author of 'Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of the Christ' , 'Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection' , 'Suns of God' & 'The Christ Conspiracy' . The Savior was born and died for our sins…wait…maybe he never was born. Could all the contradictions and anachronisms in the Bible, lack of historical data, absent archeological evidence, Church Father silence and even the Gnostic Scriptures be in reality pointing to a mythic godman, a patchwork hero with a thousand theologies? Is there really any first century proof indicating there was anything close to a fist century Galilean Rabbi? We take on this herculean task in a CSI manner and attempt to find if there is a man behind the legend at all.

      Next week we discuss the life and intimate secrets of one of today's foremost occultists and magicians. From his evolution from a country Christian in the Midwest to a master of the Esoterica, he shares his experiences and knowledge on the deepest natures of magick, mysticism, and simple wisdom-lessons for a better life. And in the end, despite all the regulations and rules that even the Occult is wrought with, he reflects the core theme of Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio: write your own Gospel and live your own Myth. Then everything becomes magical and the Kingdom of God is always around you and visible! And this is the erudite and kind Lon Milo Duquette, discussing his new and autobiographical book 'Low Magick: It's All In Your Head ... You Just Have No Idea How Big Your Head Is' .

      "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
      --Saint Paul--

      "Let the boy mature, but do not let the man hold back the boy."
      --Philip K. Dick--

      Every human being is an attempt at a human being...a throw from the depths.
      --Carl Jung--

      Donations or any type of assistance are always a blessing, even if it's the many skills I don't have—web design, marketing, guest-scouting, throwing together some YouTube videos because you're good at it, or just writing something that makes sense. Your support is essential for Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio. Thank you for those who have supported this Imp from the Game of Thrones venture via benefactions, buying soul-liberating and critically acclaimed products like the novels Stargazer and Heretic; or the important Voices of Gnosticism where you can read the transcribed interviews of some of the greatest scholars in history on the topic of Gnosticism and beyond; or those of you who have downloaded past episodes of The Gospel of Thomas Album. But more help is necessary if this venture is to continue at this or any level. If everyone simply donates a shekel or two, or buys a show every week, I can break even and maybe begin production of the Aeon Byte movie tentatively called The Aeon Byte Movie-- with Matthew Modine playing yours falsely, Ron Pearlman and his lovely jaws playing Abraxas, Christina Ricci and her heavenly forehead playing Sophia; and every judge on every reality talent television show playing the Archons that will be tossed into the lake of fire from the Apocalypse of John…especially Christina Aguilera and her unhygienic demonic form. Again, your support is essential. Damning your soul has never been this cheap. And please spread the heretical world to anyone seeking a place on that paradise on a dashboard light or a Highway to Hell. Your mileage may vary. We just want to keep the lights on here at Aeon Byte.

      Welcome to the Desert of the Real!

      Abraxas
    • Acharya S
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2012
        Thanks, Miguel, but you forgot any links!!

        Feel free to post it again, with links - make it easy for us all. You can also include a link to your donations request. I know the feeling, my friend!

        --- In Christ_Conspiracy@yahoogroups.com, "Abraxas" <miguelconner@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >

        > Donations or any type of assistance are always a blessing, even if it's the many skills I don't have—web design, marketing, guest-scouting, throwing together some YouTube videos because you're good at it, or just writing something that makes sense. Your support is essential for Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio. Thank you for those who have supported this Imp from the Game of Thrones venture via benefactions, buying soul-liberating and critically acclaimed products like the novels Stargazer and Heretic; or the important Voices of Gnosticism where you can read the transcribed interviews of some of the greatest scholars in history on the topic of Gnosticism and beyond; or those of you who have downloaded past episodes of The Gospel of Thomas Album. But more help is necessary if this venture is to continue at this or any level. If everyone simply donates a shekel or two, or buys a show every week, I can break even and maybe begin production of the Aeon Byte movie tentatively called The Aeon Byte Movie-- with Matthew Modine playing yours falsely, Ron Pearlman and his lovely jaws playing Abraxas, Christina Ricci and her heavenly forehead playing Sophia; and every judge on every reality talent television show playing the Archons that will be tossed into the lake of fire from the Apocalypse of John…especially Christina Aguilera and her unhygienic demonic form. Again, your support is essential. Damning your soul has never been this cheap. And please spread the heretical world to anyone seeking a place on that paradise on a dashboard light or a Highway to Hell. Your mileage may vary. We just want to keep the lights on here at Aeon Byte.

      • Miguel Conner
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2012
          Thank you, kindest of friends!  They can find everything here:

          Donations on the right. Your interview is on the Main Player, second down. Just click the icon with the Jesus face. Quicktime needs to be installed.

          Visit http://thegodabovegod.com/ and become part of the new Renaissance of Gnosticism and Truthseeking.
          Miguel Conner
          Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio
          Tel: 312-399-9859