24335Venus Occultation Monday

  • Rich W
    Aug 10, 2012
      Per the August Sky & telescope mark your calendars for 13 August. There is going to be an occultation of Venus by the moon about 1:30 P.M. PDT. Ingress is listed as 20:27 UT for northern CA. It is supposed to be visible from much of the United States, weather permitting. The below PDF lists time info for many spots in the USA.

      http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/rascgrazes.pdf

      Even in daylight the bright planets are normally visible through a scope and the moon, still 4 days before new moon, should be visible naked eye. Years ago I kept my eyes on Venus as the sun rose and was able to see it naked eye even after sunrise.

      Rich Wood
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic