24332Re: Beijing

  • Rich W
    Jun 27, 2012
      On the headphones I also got the genuine article from a Sony authorized USA retailer, B&H Photo. Made in Thailand and with many visual differences from the fakes. The Chinese ones were a very poor copy and the fakes are well documented on the internet as to differences from the genuine ones.

      There have been whole programs on TV about far eastern counterfeiting of everything from designer fashions and watches to Microsoft software CDs and both aircraft and auto spare parts. Not just from China either. Some of the automotive spares have killed people.

      As noted the scope copies I have heard of are copies of antique brass era scopes and seem to be mostly from India.

      Rich Wood