24330Re: Beijing

  • Rich W
    Jun 26, 2012
      Marc;

      I understand another problem is that an awful lot of Japanese and western designs are counterfeited and some of it makes it out via some ebay and other web sellers. I recently purchased a set of higher end Sony headphones and after a web check determined that they were Chinese counterfeit. The seller, when contacted, immediately gave a full refund. I was dealing with an Amazon supposed used equipment seller though.

      As far as scopes go India seems to produce a number of counterfeits of 18th and 19th century English made brass telescopes including ones marked as if from famous English makers. These show up on ebay too. There are occasional posts on the Antique Telescopes forum about them.

      Rich Wood