China economy

  • Alessandro Ranieri
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
      Ah, BBC have interesting report on how China's economy making poor poorer. Now, poor cannot rely government for help. if you sick, you need pay self. This type of econ not good. It need benefit everyone, not only those who lot of money.

      Alex.

      Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from Yahoo!
    • Terrence
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
        Re: [ChineseCultureOnline] China economy Hiya Alex!

        Happy New Year to you.. And wish you the best.

        Government & Economies of all kinds wrestle around with paying cradle to grave services.  Unless social services are tightly monitored, and strict testing made the rule of the day, costs for paying for medical and pharmacy benefits skyrocket out of control.  While China’s economy is growing and expanding, so is their cost of those services.  We here in the USA have a program called MEDICAID which is pretty much for medical procedures for the very poor and it is in big trouble, more so that our Social Security.  I hear in Canada, there is a wait list for a number of medical procedures due to the cost.  There are a lot of smart people in China and it will be interesting to see how they handle this problem.

        Cheers.

        Terrence

        --

        Terrence 柯菲 泰瑞 (Anchorage, Alaska - USA)

        On 1/1/06 1:56 AM, "Alessandro Ranieri" <alexcranieri@...> posted:

        Ah, BBC have interesting report on how China's economy making poor poorer. Now, poor cannot rely government for help. if you sick, you need pay self. This type of econ not good. It need benefit everyone, not only those who lot of money.

        Alex.

         Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party <http://santas-christmas-party.yahoo.net/> , an exclusive game from Yahoo!

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • juanjuan
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
          HI Alex!

          yes it does seem to be the case the poor gets poorer and the rich
          gets richer, it might be a worldwild prob i don[t know.

          i'ts a problem with the medical care system as it's widely covered in
          the news media in China - the hospitals charge huge money. and many
          many people have gotten the "habbit" of years of NOT going to
          hospital for illnesses. there were also cases reported huuuuge black
          money was charged to the patients by hospitals. the recent ones were
          an old man who was hospitalized in a hospital for some cancer and who
          later died within a few months but charged over 10 millions of money
          (cannot remember the exact figure, but it was with no
          exagaration "astronomous figure") and there were hundreds
          of "blacK"/problem bills and many many check-ups that had never
          actually been done, even after the man died there were fake bills.
          this happened in a northern province in China. people were all
          laughing becoz the huge fake medical fee could have been another
          guiness record. and then not long later anotehr case was reported in
          Shenzhen, and the fake bills and the unreasonable charges were all
          very amazing. so now everybody in China knows the very unreasonabl;e
          charges by all hospitals in China. yes, many of us have first hand
          experience even with a n easy cold it can cost us hundreds of yuan
          and being given all kinds of medicines. my friend had a "slow" throat
          problem and he had to go to hospital for a dozen of times and it
          seems it cannot be treated and it already costed him several
          thousand. there seems to be an urge for medical reform and we are all
          looking forward to its happening one day.

          the medical insurance has started in some places such as Guangdong
          province about two or three years before. it's basically basic
          insurance coverage for basic medicine and common illnesses.

          this probably also explains why people are still so culturally
          particular with saving money but not like in the west spending on
          Credit Cards. lol. sometimes some people think although they donot
          necessarily have a huge savings in the bank, but at least most donot
          really have any or much debt.

          Jane

          --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, Terrence <tlc_56@y...>
          wrote:

          > Hiya Alex!
          >
          > Happy New Year to you.. And wish you the best.
          >
          > Government & Economies of all kinds wrestle around with paying
          cradle to
          > grave services. Unless social services are tightly monitored, and
          strict
          > testing made the rule of the day, costs for paying for medical and
          pharmacy
          > benefits skyrocket out of control. While China’s economy is
          growing and
          > expanding, so is their cost of those services. We here in the USA
          have a
          > program called MEDICAID which is pretty much for medical procedures
          for the
          > very poor and it is in big trouble, more so that our Social
          Security. I
          > hear in Canada, there is a wait list for a number of medical
          procedures due
          > to the cost. There are a lot of smart people in China and it will
          be
          > interesting to see how they handle this problem.
          >
          > Cheers.
          >
          > Terrence
          >

          > --
          >
          > Terrence 柯菲 æ³°ç`ž (Anchorage, Alaska - USA)
          >

          > On 1/1/06 1:56 AM, "Alessandro Ranieri" <alexcranieri@y...> posted:
          >
          > > Ah, BBC have interesting report on how China's economy making
          poor poorer.
          > > Now, poor cannot rely government for help. if you sick, you need
          pay self.
          > > This type of econ not good. It need benefit everyone, not only
          those who lot
          > > of money.
          > >

          > > Alex.
          > >
          > > Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party <http://santas-christmas-
          party.yahoo.net/>
          > > , an exclusive game from Yahoo!
          > >

          > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          > >
          > > * Visit your group "ChineseCultureOnline
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChineseCultureOnline> " on the web.
          > > *
          subject=Unsubscribe>
          > > *
          Service
          > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • JJ Dr
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
            Greetings,

            It does seem that China has a huge problem with its medical services and hospitals especially to the poor and aged. With the rapid change in the economy it seems plausible that the authorities divert their attention towards improving health services.

            JJ

            wrote:

            > Hiya Alex!
            >
            > Happy New Year to you.. And wish you the best.
            >
            > Government & Economies of all kinds wrestle around with paying
            cradle to
            > grave services.  Unless social services are tightly monitored, and
            strict
            > testing made the rule of the day, costs for paying for medical and
            pharmacy
            > benefits skyrocket out of control.  While China’s economy is
            growing and
            > expanding, so is their cost of those services.  We here in the USA
            have a
            > program called MEDICAID which is pretty much for medical procedures
            for the
            > very poor and it is in big trouble, more so that our Social
            Security.  I
            > hear in Canada, there is a wait list for a number of medical
            procedures due
            > to the cost.  There are a lot of smart people in China and it will
            be
            > interesting to see how they handle this problem.
            >
            > Cheers.
            >
            > Terrence
            >

            > --
            >
            > Terrence 柯菲 æ³°ç`ž (Anchorage, Alaska - USA)
            >

            > On 1/1/06 1:56 AM, "Alessandro Ranieri" <alexcranieri@y...> posted:
            >
            > > Ah, BBC have interesting report on how China's economy making
            poor poorer.
            > > Now, poor cannot rely government for help. if you sick, you need
            pay self.
            > > This type of econ not good. It need benefit everyone, not only
            those who lot
            > > of money.
            > >

            > > Alex.
            > >
            > >   Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party <http://santas-christmas-
            party.yahoo.net/>
            > > , an exclusive game from Yahoo!
            > >

            > >  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            > >
            > > *  Visit your group "ChineseCultureOnline
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChineseCultureOnline> " on the web.
            > > *
            > > *  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            subject=Unsubscribe>
            > > *
            > > *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            Service

          • Alessandro Ranieri
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
              Ah Terrence and Jane,

              Happy New Year! I agree with Terrence. China have lot of smart people. If they can create booming economy, they can certain find way to help poor people. But I also believe western-style economy not suitable for China. Lot of people think China economy need to be like US or Euro. But because China so big and so many people, it need to find type of economy so that gap between rich and poor not so huge, otherwise, lot of people will be upset when they see some have money and some not.

              Ah, during holidays in London, I see lot of tourists from China. I think 90% of Asian tourists come from China. I can tell because they speak Mandarin. Very few tourists from HK, Japan and Korea. This sign that people in China become wealthy. So hard for me to understand when I see BBC report on poor in China. I think rich people in China need to help their poor comrades. It like they can travel abroad and spend money like crazy and pretend that there not poor people in their country. Ah, Chinese tourists spend more money than Europeans and Americans. Ah, where did they get all the money?

              Alessandro.

            • Hyde Park
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
                Alex,
                Interesting observations. You are right. China has
                gone from being a country where almost everyone had
                about the same to a country where half now have a lot
                more than they used to, and half have a lot less.

                I think the Chinese government probably would have
                liked it if the majority of its people can benefit
                from the economy. I am sure it is more than aware of
                the risks that exist as long as there is a huge gap
                between the rich and the poor.

                Hyde.
              • juanjuan
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
                  yes, like in a lot of places in the world, the gap betwen the rich and
                  the poor is getting bigger. in Guangdong a couple of years ago it was
                  used to be very safe in all ways. owning gun is not legal. this a few
                  years however we got more street robbery, theft than ever. in many
                  towns and even in certain parts of the big cities in Guangdong we donot
                  really feel too safe. have to be careful and not to wear antying too
                  treasurably attractive such as gold necklace etc. many cases of cruel
                  robbery from ths year where the victim got cruelly treated. and it's a
                  social p roblem which we believe partly from the economy - when the
                  poor gets really poorer and there is this envy towards the richer, also
                  the "hatred" from the countryside people who come to the city where
                  they donot have good means of living and making money and can feel
                  the "squeeze"/discrimination from the better off city-dwellers.

                  Jane

                  --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, Hyde Park
                  <hydepark9299@y...> wrote:

                  > Alex,
                  > Interesting observations. You are right. China has
                  > gone from being a country where almost everyone had
                  > about the same to a country where half now have a lot
                  > more than they used to, and half have a lot less.
                  >
                  > I think the Chinese government probably would have
                  > liked it if the majority of its people can benefit
                  > from the economy. I am sure it is more than aware of
                  > the risks that exist as long as there is a huge gap
                  > between the rich and the poor.
                  >
                  > Hyde.

                • Alessandro Ranieri
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
                    Ah Jane,
                    You need careful not become victim of cruel crime.

                    I have question. I have HK friend who tell me Communist Party came to power because lot of poor people in China and very few rich people had all the power and money. Was Communist movement started by the poor people?

                    Today, it seem can happen again, as many poor people become upset when they see rich have so much. This why I think Chinese government not situation out of control.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 21, 2006
                      HI Alex,

                      i am not quite good at politics. whwat we learnt from books is
                      China's modern revolutions usually only succeed with the
                      participation and ground support of farmers.

                      (pls see also comments underneath).

                      Happy Chinese New year to you! keep your questions coming. i know you
                      got many :-)

                      Jane

                      --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, Alessandro Ranieri
                      <alexcranieri@y...> wrote:

                      > Ah Jane,
                      > You need careful not become victim of cruel crime.
                      >
                      > I have question. I have HK friend who tell me Communist Party
                      came to power because lot of poor people in China and very few rich
                      people had all the power and money. Was Communist movement started by
                      the poor people?

                      It was started by intellectuals. the educated batch got new ideas
                      from Russian revolution. then it got wide support from the grass
                      roots which was the peasants...

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 21, 2006
                        Hi Terrence and Alex

                        Pls tell a bit more of what is like in US and in England. How is in
                        England, Alex?

                        wrote:

                        > Hiya Alex!
                        >
                        > Happy New Year to you.. And wish you the best.
                        >
                        > Government & Economies of all kinds wrestle around with paying
                        cradle to
                        > grave services. Unless social services are tightly monitored, and
                        strict
                        > testing made the rule of the day, costs for paying for medical and
                        pharmacy
                        > benefits skyrocket out of control. While China´s economy is
                        growing and
                        > expanding, so is their cost of those services. We here in the USA
                        have a
                        > program called MEDICAID which is pretty much for medical procedures
                        for the
                        > very poor and it is in big trouble, more so that our Social
                        Security. I
                        > hear in Canada, there is a wait list for a number of medical
                        procedures due
                        > to the cost. There are a lot of smart people in China and it will
                        be
                        > interesting to see how they handle this problem.
                        >
                        > Cheers.
                        >
                        > Terrence
                        >

                        > --
                        >
                        > Terrence 柯菲 æ³°ç`ž (Anchorage, Alaska - USA)
                        >

                        > On 1/1/06 1:56 AM, "Alessandro Ranieri" <alexcranieri@y...> posted:
                        >
                        > > Ah, BBC have interesting report on how China's economy making
                        poor poorer.
                        > > Now, poor cannot rely government for help. if you sick, you need
                        pay self.
                        > > This type of econ not good. It need benefit everyone, not only
                        those who lot
                        > > of money.
                        > >

                        > > Alex.
                        > >
                        > > Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party <http://santas-christmas-
                        party.yahoo.net/>
                        > > , an exclusive game from Yahoo!
                        > >

                        > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                        > >
                        > > * Visit your group "ChineseCultureOnline
                        > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChineseCultureOnline> " on the web.
                        > > *
                        subject=Unsubscribe>

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 21, 2006
                          i read a few days ago the Chinese wealthiest men in China are more than
                          ever confident about exhibiting their wealth this year. the Huyun 胡润
                          (the English guy who is now famous by doing this in China and who
                          speaks perfect Chinese) wealth list (?) does a survey every year.

                          yes, there are extremely rich people these years and all boomed up ever
                          since the opening door policy implemented in 1980s by Mr. Deng Xiao
                          Ping. they were the biggest beneficiates of this country's big policy.

                          <hydepark9299@y...> wrote:

                          > Alex,
                          > Interesting observations. You are right. China has
                          > gone from being a country where almost everyone had
                          > about the same to a country where half now have a lot
                          > more than they used to, and half have a lot less.
                          >
                          > I think the Chinese government probably would have
                          > liked it if the majority of its people can benefit
                          > from the economy. I am sure it is more than aware of
                          > the risks that exist as long as there is a huge gap
                          > between the rich and the poor.
                          >
                          > Hyde.

                        • Alessandro Ranieri