Re: Happy China National Day!

  • Sam and Lily
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
      "juanjuan" <yijane01@m...> wrote:

      > we have about 40 friends who are driving to camping.
      > is anyone in China going to have a holiday then or going somewhere?

      Not me! I live in a beach area, so it's pretty anyway, but during
      the holiday, there will be a million people, and cars and buses,
      here. I don't like to fight the crowds, and get stuck in traffic for
      hours and hours, so I will stay at home and ride my bicycle around
      the countryside.

      This is one thing I don't like very much about Chinese holidays:
      Everybody tries to go the same place at the same time! Where I live,
      about a million people from Shenzhen will try to come here. It's a
      good time for long naps, movies, and bicycle rides.

      Happy holidays.

      Sam
      .
    • juanjuan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
        Hi Sam! Where is the place?

        Jane

        --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "Sam and Lily"
        <li_yangus@y...> wrote:
        > "juanjuan" <yijane01@m...> wrote:
        > >
        > > we have about 40 friends who are driving to camping.
        > > is anyone in China going to have a holiday then or going
        somewhere?

        > Not me! I live in a beach area, so it's pretty anyway, but during
        > the holiday, there will be a million people, and cars and buses,
        > here. I don't like to fight the crowds, and get stuck in traffic
        for
        > hours and hours, so I will stay at home and ride my bicycle around
        > the countryside.
        >
        > This is one thing I don't like very much about Chinese holidays:
        > Everybody tries to go the same place at the same time! Where I
        live,
        > about a million people from Shenzhen will try to come here. It's a
        > good time for long naps, movies, and bicycle rides.
        >
        > Happy holidays.
        >
        > Sam
        > .
      • Sam and Lily
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
          --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "juanjuan" <yijane01@m...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Sam! Where is the place?
          >
          > Jane

          Hi, Jane;

          It's Da Mei Sha, about 45 minutes east of central Shenzhen. It's a
          little better today, but when I went near the beach two days ago, it
          was a horror show. 100's of buses, in a traffic jam, each bus with
          people standing crowded together, nobody could move for hours. That's
          no way to spend a vacation!

          But the restaurant and hotel people are making a little money, at
          last! Usually it's too quiet here.

          Sam
          .