Re: the Front Picture

  • greatwallmarathon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
      Dear Juanjuan,

      I like the picture of Guanyin so much.I have been to most famous
      buddhist places and temples in China,and when I am in Japan,I always
      keep a Buddhism book with me,which I was given when I was at
      Fayuansi,the most famous buddhist temple in Beiing.

      Most Truely
      Adam

      --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "juanjuan" <yijane01@m...>
      wrote:
      > We have not changed the front picture for a while. now there is a
      > pictureo f Guan Yin (the Goddess of Mercy) from the Buddhism .
      >
      > Buddhism was originally imported from Indian to China. and it''s been
      > planted into the Chinese culture for centuries. let' s talk about
      > Buddhism.
      >
      > Jane
    • juanjuan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
        Dear Adam,

        Please tell us your first-hand experiences with Buddhism and
        buddshits in China. thank you!

        jane

        --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "greatwallmarathon"
        <greatwallmarathon@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Juanjuan,
        >
        > I like the picture of Guanyin so much.I have been to most famous
        > buddhist places and temples in China,and when I am in Japan,I
        always
        > keep a Buddhism book with me,which I was given when I was at
        > Fayuansi,the most famous buddhist temple in Beiing.
        >
        > Most Truely
        > Adam
        >
        > --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "juanjuan"
        <yijane01@m...>
        > wrote:
        > > We have not changed the front picture for a while. now there is a
        > > pictureo f Guan Yin (the Goddess of Mercy) from the Buddhism .
        > >
        > > Buddhism was originally imported from Indian to China. and it''s
        been
        > > planted into the Chinese culture for centuries. let' s talk about
        > > Buddhism.
        > >
        > > Jane
      • juanjuan
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
          HI Ty!

          feel free to make corrections please, anytime, even when it's big. :-0

          thanks
          jane

          --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "Ty"
          <tigerboycanada@y...> wrote:
          > --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "juanjuan"
          > <yijane01@m...> wrote:
          > > We have not changed the front picture for a while. now there is a
          > > pictureo f Guan Yin (the Goddess of Mercy) from the Buddhism .
          > >

          > Slight correction: Guan Shi Yin Boddhisatva (Avalokitesvara in
          > Sanskrit, and Chenrezig in Tibetan) was supposed to be of the male
          > gender. Therefore Chinese Mahayana Buddhists shouldn't have problem
          > with "her" being a male. However, she's been represented in
          > excessively feminine forms in art and is worshipped as a goddess by
          > laypeople.
        • juanjuan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
            the group will have a new front picture from the Mongolians.

            I've also created two new photo albums under the Scenery folder, one
            for Guilin, the other for Mongolians. Check them out and let me know if
            you can't locate them. enjoy!

            jane
          • greatwallmarathon
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
              Buddhism can always make people's mind very peaceful.This is what I
              am able to experience in my life.

              When I was in Beijing,and when my birthday came,I asked for a leave
              from the work every year,and stayed in the Fayuansi by myself the
              whole day long.When the sun was setting,I left the temple with a very
              satisfied and peaceful mind.

              When I got there,every year,I would always walk around the yard from
              east to north to west and to the south.I walked very slowly,read all
              the Chinese characters and articles from the ancient steles,and in
              the middle of the temple,I read the wall newspapers.All the articles
              were written by the buddhist people in this temple.I read all of them
              word by word and try to understand its indepth meaning.From doing
              this,my mind became more and more relaxed as time passed.

              After the reading,then maybe the 70% of my whole day time was the
              meditation,I think about the world,the people and me,I can more
              clearly understand the meaning of life after that.And then I would be
              reaffirmed to work hard,study hard and treat the people around me the
              best.

              When I first time went there,it was in the August 2000,and I was
              given a book from a staff working in the bookstore inside there.After
              that day,when I do not feel well or get confused and get complicated
              about the life,the book will give me the answer.Till today,it is the
              book that I keep aside me in Japan.

              <yijane01@m...> wrote:
              > Dear Adam,
              >
              > Please tell us your first-hand experiences with Buddhism and
              > buddshits in China. thank you!
              >
              > jane
              >
              > --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "greatwallmarathon"
              > <greatwallmarathon@y...> wrote:
              > > Dear Juanjuan,
              > >
              > > I like the picture of Guanyin so much.I have been to most famous
              > > buddhist places and temples in China,and when I am in Japan,I
              > always
              > > keep a Buddhism book with me,which I was given when I was at
              > > Fayuansi,the most famous buddhist temple in Beiing.
              > >
              > > Most Truely
              > > Adam
              > >
              > > --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "juanjuan"
              > <yijane01@m...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > We have not changed the front picture for a while. now there is
              > > > pictureo f Guan Yin (the Goddess of Mercy) from the Buddhism .
              > > >
              > > > Buddhism was originally imported from Indian to China. and
              it''s
              > been
              > > > planted into the Chinese culture for centuries. let' s talk
              about
              > > > Buddhism.
              > > >
              > > > Jane
            • juanjuan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
                thank you! Adam! It's very peaceful to read your account alone.
                please reflect more on buddhism and life. all my ears! :)