Re: Off Topic: Something on the subject of LOVE

  • Alessandro Ranieri
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004

      Ah Jane, I agree with Jieming that you probably picked as your company's employee director because of your personality. Ah, if they knew you were founder of ChineseCultureOnline, they may even appoint you as ChineseCulture director. This would be very important post as many people not undrstand Chinese culture. Even some Chinese people not know enough about their culture.

      Sorry I can't come over to help, but maybe I can give you some ideas. You should recommend that employees get out of office. It can be short field trip to countryside or can be long weekend, say to HK or Macau. I think it bad and healthy to stay in office all time.

      Ah yes, any member of CCO in Guangzhou should help Jane. Ah, I think Renato is in Guangzhou. How many CCO member in Guangzhou? Ah, haven't heard from Renato long long time. Is he still around? Many members not posted in long long time, Terrence, Ha, John, Rachel, Christine, xinmin. Ah Jane, we must thank Ty and Windlightr for posts. If you want to have more moderators, they would be good choice.

      Alex.

    • ming18ming2003
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
        Hi Jieming!

        i realy appreciate your posts. thanks!

        Just a quick message now. one friend did email today and said she can
        apply most of the tips and ideas. Acutally she was doing a lot of
        things and also her husband. She and her husband were university
        clasmates and they were married for about three years by now.

        K, gtg.

        Jane

        --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, "liang_jieming"
        <kitmengleong@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        have
        > > applied some same philosophies and used some same ideas.
        >
        > Actually I found the article quite reasonable and realistic. Each
        > side must do his/her part after all. I believe in doing more rather
        > than doing less so what you say is very much inline with what I
        > believe. Can't be calculative in a relationship. Give without
        > thought of return. :-)
        >
        > > Something interesting, :) a couple of girlfriends here told me
        some
        > > ideas are fancy or not quite practical. Particularly on the idea
        of
        > > delivering flowers to his hands in the office and giving him a
        kiss
        > > or something say when everybody is watching, a few said no, they
        > > would not have the guts to do it in the first place, and they
        were
        > > thinking maybe their men even won't appreciate it if they do take
        the
        > > courage to do it say in order to give some spice to their romance
        > > life or something. And this is mainly because they the women and
        the
        > > men here are indeed not romantic in nature(btw, myself
        incuded.:)) ,
        > > adn even the idea of kissing in his cheek in a polite way sounds
        > > bit scary and again they are not sure if the guys would
        appreciate
        > > such a "brave" act or not. Addtionally, on the "French kiss" I
        used
        > > for another idea, well, it's a mistake. Basically, NO Chinese
        here
        > > would do it in the streets, I must sounded funny.
        >
        > Sounds like people in China (at least where you live) are still very
        > conservative. Nothing wrong with that. It's just a cultural norm
        > where you are. Here in Singapore, giving flowers to a guy or
        kissing
        > in the open is quite common though not quite as common as in some
        > western countries. French kissing... well... hehehe... just a
        matter
        > of comfort level. Coming from Malaysia which is more conservative,
        > at first found Singapore girls to be very aggressive. Many are not
        > shy about making the first move, calling you for a date or showing
        > lots of affection in public. Personally I'm not too comfortable
        with
        > that, preferring the traditional male-female roleplay but like I
        said,
        > it's all a matter of comfort level.
        >
        > But surprising the guy is a very good way of making relationships
        > interesting and keeping the guy happy. Guys, like girls, also need
        > be shown that someone cares or is thinking of them. :-) Main
        > complaint of long time couples is that the other doesn't do enough
        > anymore. Goes both ways.
        >
        > > By the way, Another thing you might be interested to know, :), I
        am
        > > now the chairperson of our company's Employee Recreation
        Committee.
        > > Not something I am too glad about though wehn you consider the
        extra
        > > load of work. Democracy is practised here but not to the point
        that
        > > everybody would feel fully satisfied with. heheh... :))
        >
        > Wow, congratulations then. I'm sure they chose you because of your
        > jovial personality. I think you'll do great! What are some of the
        > events you are planning?
        >
        > > Hehe... will any of you would like to come over for some
        > > help? :) - Be our guests and talk English with us English
        learners to
        > > help my friends/colleagues improve. hehe... :)) Well, surely
        later on
        > > you can help give hints on the subjects for our free talks and I
        > > shall appreciate it that's for sure.
        >
        > I'd love to help but going over to your company for a visit would be
        > prohibitively expensive for me. ;-) Maybe someone also living in
        > Guangzhou or you could ask them to come chat here. :-p
        >
        > Jieming
        > DragonSeedLegacy
        > ChineseCultureOnline
      • ming18ming2003
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
          Yea, Alex! As always Thank you for your inputs!

          Yea, your advice is quite good on the outings etc. When yo have more
          suggestions, please let me know.

          K, i got to go now.

          Jane

          --- In ChineseCultureOnline@yahoogroups.com, Alessandro Ranieri
          <alexcranieri@y...> wrote:

          > Ah Jane, I agree with Jieming that you probably picked as your
          company's employee director because of your personality. Ah, if they
          knew you were founder of ChineseCultureOnline, they may even appoint
          you as ChineseCulture director. This would be very important post as
          many people not undrstand Chinese culture. Even some Chinese people
          not know enough about their culture.

          > Sorry I can't come over to help, but maybe I can give you some
          ideas. You should recommend that employees get out of office. It can
          be short field trip to countryside or can be long weekend, say to HK
          or Macau. I think it bad and healthy to stay in office all time.

          > Ah yes, any member of CCO in Guangzhou should help Jane. Ah, I
          think Renato is in Guangzhou. How many CCO member in Guangzhou? Ah,
          haven't heard from Renato long long time. Is he still around? Many
          members not posted in long long time, Terrence, Ha, John, Rachel,
          Christine, xinmin. Ah Jane, we must thank Ty and Windlightr for
          posts. If you want to have more moderators, they would be good choice.

          > Alex.

          > ---------------------------------
          > Win a castle for NYE with your mates and Yahoo! Messenger
        • Great Wall
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2004
            Jane,

            You message is very wonderful.

            I admire all the people who are in love.I admire all
            the people who plan to get marry.I admire all the
            people who have family,and I admire all the people who
            can spend the very happy time with their own children.

            Most Truely
            greatwallmarathon

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail