CCG flyers and Reenactorfest

  • sue edmunds
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2012
      I am happy to report that the 20 or so membership flyers I put out on the freebie table at chicago Tardis all disappeared between friday and saturday so hopefully we will get some response and some new memebers.
      Also, for ReenactorFest or Military History Fest we will be doing a 1940's USO Club as a change from the Victorian Tea that we usually do.I will be doing the presentation on the USO Clubs of WWII. It is still unknown whether Mike Bollow will arrange for us to have the same space as we did for last year and what will be provided.Last year they provided the hot water urns and tableware. For anyone who is intrested in helping with this and I hope I can get everyone on board, I found a really great site that has images of hair, clothing and makeup from the 40's. I also have some patterns that were my moms (Vogue no less) that we can work with. MHF is really a fun event and I encourage folks to come out at least on saturday. If you pre-reg by dec 31, its only $15.00 for a day pass or 20.00 at the door. If you want the whole weekend its $25.00 and includes the Grand Ball on Sat.PM ( $30.00 at the door) Kids under 15 are FREE.

    • osierhenry@cs.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 8, 2012
        In a message dated 12/1/2012 10:39:07 AM Central Standard Time, marinaedm@... writes:
        Also, for ReenactorFest or Military History Fest we will be doing a 1940's USO Club as a change from the Victorian Tea that we usually do.I will be doing the presentation on the USO Clubs of WWII.

        I have a record player that plays 78's. And I own 78's. Do you want real period music?

        Henry
      • sue edmunds

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 2012
            In a message dated 12/9/2012 11:14:54 AM Central Standard Time, marinaedm@... writes:
            let me get back to you on that. We have to wait and see what kind of info Michelle gets from Mike B. plug in stuff might be an issue. You know that union stuff

            Did you have any problems plugging in things to make hot water last year?

            Henry
          • sue edmunds
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 2012
              No. The resort provided us with hot water urns and tableware. But this year since we will need to mke coffee for the "USO Club" things might be different?(: /

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 11, 2012
                I spoke with Mike Bollow yesterday.  He said I am to be his contact.  So please go through me.  He is very happy we are doing this as the USO has not responded to multiple contacts.

                The hotel requires we do the beverages through them.  We will be getting mostly coffee with some water for tea.  They will supply cups etc like last year.  I said we might do lemonade too.  We will be providing food like they would have had back then.  Sue wants us to do the 40's.  I'll be able to print handouts.  Some period recipes would be nice.

                Please contact me directly if you want to help.  Also copy me on materials if you send some to Sue.  I may put together binders with materials for people to look through, on the tables.

                Please remember the price goes up at the end of the year.  The ball is $10 this year.

                MJ

              • osierhenry@cs.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 11, 2012
                  In a message dated 12/10/2012 5:21:53 PM Central Standard Time, marinaedm@... writes:
                  No. The resort provided us with hot water urns and tableware. But this year since we will need to mke coffee for the "USO Club" things might be different?(: /

                  Ah! Ok. Well, keep me posted. I just got some more 78's last weekend.

                  Henry
                • osierhenry@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 11, 2012
                    In a message dated 12/11/2012 7:54:26 AM Central Standard Time, MicheleSol@... writes:
                    The hotel requires we do the beverages through them.  We will be getting mostly coffee with some water for tea.  They will supply cups etc like last year.  I said we might do lemonade too.  We will be providing food like they would have had back then.  Sue wants us to do the 40's.  I'll be able to print handouts.  Some period recipes would be nice.

                    Please find out if I can plug in a portable record player.

                    Henry

                  • Michele Jaye Solomon
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 12, 2012
                      Yes, Henry we can plug stuff like that in ourselves.

                    • osierhenry@cs.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 13, 2012
                        In a message dated 12/12/2012 10:31:08 PM Central Standard Time, MicheleSol@... writes:
                        Yes, Henry we can plug stuff like that in ourselves.

                        Thank you. Then I will plan to bring along my record player and many 78's.

                        Henry