Halloween party

  • mistressmargrett
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 1, 2009
      Sorry folks--I have a really bad cough that showed up over the weekend. So I am opting out of the party tonight. I was hoping it would be better this morning but it's not.

      Kerri-Ellen
    • Carol Mitchell
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 1, 2009
        Hi, Kerri-Ellen
        Sorry you couldn't make it. BTW, Chris did show up-apparently, right after I left. He did make it to the costumer's party and the only thing he disliked it about were the facts that the play for Windycon was already
        already had a full cast and that they didn't need anyone to fill in. (g)He also told me that your presentation was being talked about favorably.
        Please don't forget to send me Cynthia's information-things were much too busy for me to discuss Hallowe'em with the CCG, but I figure that things will be quieter after Windy.
        Hope your cough gets better. Betsy has been having the same problem, but apparently in her case it's a sinus infection, and in mine I hope it's an allergy.(She's getting antibiotics, and I have an allergy test scheduled for Friday)
        Thanks again for the ride, the information, and helping to break the ice.
        Carol

        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 25, 2009
          To everyone on the yahoo group:

          We currently have 16 registered members in the Chicagoland Costsumers
          Guild, with a few new memberships on the way. Anyone who is not
          currently a member and is interested in becoming one, here is the
          information.

          Advantages:
          1. Includes membership in the international costumers guild (ICG) - this
          gets you their newsletter, edited by our own Patrick O'Connor and the
          opportunity to attend Costume Con, which will be in Milwaukee in the spring.
          2. Gives you the right to attend our monthly meeting which is held at
          Renata's house on the north side of the city (convenient by bus or
          car). We have a lot of fun, sit around and eat and talk, and put
          together great ideas like our presentation at Windycon that won best in
          show.
          3. You can help represent the guild at local conventions, helping to run
          panels and activities.
          4. Your money helps support the guild so we can continue to do all of
          the above and more.

          All this for only $20 per year. If there is more than one person in the
          household, it is only $10 more for the second person.
          If you are interested in doing more than just lurking on this group
          (though you are always welcome to do that), please make a check payable
          to CCG and mail it to me at:
          Sue Finkle
          1822 Hopi Lane
          Mt Prospect, IL 60056

          If you have any questions, please send me an email, but I will be out of
          town for the next week and half, so it may take me awhile to get back to
          you.

          Sue Finkle
        • Susan Finkle
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 25, 2009
            Kerri-Ellen,

            I do not have an email for you, so I am sending this to the group.
            Please respond to just me at sfinkle@....
            I need your email address and phone number so I have complete records to
            send to the ICG. Could you forward me that information?
            Thanks

            Sue Finkle
          • osierhenry@cs.com
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 1, 2009
              In a message dated 11/25/2009 7:48:52 PM Central Standard Time, sfinkle@... writes:
              1. Includes membership in the international costumers guild (ICG) - this
              gets you their newsletter, edited by our own Patrick O'Connor and the
              opportunity to attend Costume Con, which will be in Milwaukee in the spring.

              A correction. ANYONE can come to Costume-Con 28.

              Henry Osier
              Chairman, Costume-Con 28
              www.cc28.org

              PS I am still catching up on e-mails after the holiday and TARDIS
            • Michele Jaye Solomon
              Message 6 of 28 , Oct 31, 2011
                What time is the party supposed to start?

                Sue/Joel, what are you making?

                What are people bringing?

                MJ

                Sent from my iPhone
              • S. G. Barber
                Message 7 of 28 , Oct 31, 2011
                  I'll bring brownies. I've been on a brownie fix lately LOL.

                  What time is the party supposed to start?

                  Sue/Joel, what are you making?

                  What are people bringing?

                  MJ

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      ChicagolandCostumersGuild-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      ChicagolandCostumersGuild-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Joel Finkle
                  Message 8 of 28 , Oct 31, 2011
                    Right now, the plan is Nehari, a slow-cooked Pakistani beef dish, over rice.
                    I'll keep the spicing moderate.

                    To: ChicagolandCostumersGuild@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 1, 2011
                      What else is in it, is the rice separate? Your tolerance for hot is much higher than many of us.

                      I'll think about something more main dish like then. I may also bring a generic salad. No time for the spinach one this year.

                      I hope your dog (sorry forgot name) won't attack coyote tails.

                      Sent from my iPhone
                    • Michele Jaye Solomon
                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 1, 2011
                        What time does the party start???

                        Sent from my iPhone
                      • Joel Finkle
                        Message 11 of 28 , Nov 1, 2011
                          Add to slow cooker in this order: Sliced onions, brisket, spices, oil. Turn on heat, wait until meat falls apart.  Go MMMMMMM.  I've made it a couple times, the first time rather hot, the second using powdered new mexico chile instead of cayenne and it was merely warming -- I'll go with that variety this time.

                          Rice entirely separate.

                          Dog is pretty well behaved.  She'll sniff a lot, but isn't likely to attack anything.

                          To: ChicagolandCostumersGuild@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 28 , Nov 1, 2011
                            14:00 -- standard Costumer Guild meeting time

                            To: ChicagolandCostumersGuild@yahoogroups.com
                            From: MicheleSol@...
                            Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 18:30:39 -0500

                            What time does the party start???

                            Sent from my iPhone

                          • Renata OConnor-Rose
                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 2, 2011
                              Somehow I can't imagine Annie "attacking" anything, begging cutely maybe

                              > What else is in it, is the rice separate? Your
                              > tolerance for hot is much higher than many of us.
                              >
                              > I'll think about something more main dish like then. I
                              > may also bring a generic salad. No time for the spinach one
                              > this year.
                              >

                              > I hope your dog (sorry forgot name) won't attack coyote
                              > tails.
                              >

                              > Sent from my iPhone

                            • sue edmunds
                              Message 14 of 28 , Nov 3, 2012
                                Sorry I haven't got the chance to say what I'm bringing to the party , been tied up at Mom's house all week. Sound like we need dessert. I'll bring something sweet