Forest Ackerman update

  • osierhenry@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
      Got this from a buddy of mine:

      http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38960

      Henry Osier
      Chief Spy
      Costume-Con 28 in Milwaukee in 2010
      www.CC28.org
    • carol_anne_mitchell
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
        --- In ChicagolandCostumersGuild@yahoogroups.com, osierhenry@... wrote:

        > Got this from a buddy of mine:
        >
        > http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38960
        >
        > Henry Osier
        > Chief Spy
        > Costume-Con 28 in Milwaukee in 2010
        > www.CC28.org

        I tried the link and got an error message. What is happening with
        Forest Acherman?
        Carol
      • osierhenry@cs.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
          In a message dated 11/3/2008 6:18:13 PM Central Standard Time, carol_anne_mitchell@... writes:
          I tried the link and got an error message. What is happening with
          Forest Acherman?

          Hey folks, Harry here... I spoke briefly with Forrest J Ackerman earlier today, he wasn't sounding very strong, it hurt to hear his voice knowing that it wouldn't be here with us much longer. But at the same time, it was nice to say goodbye to one another. Ackerman is one of the founders of my love of cinema. My father is the geek he is, because of his magazine - and I'm the geek I am because of his magazine as well as the influence it had on my father. That magazine was, of course, FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND. In speaking with Uncle Forry's caretaker, an amazing gentleman named Joe Moe, I was told that Forry was lucid, peaceful and not even on pain medication, but that he was progressively getting worse - and was ready to move on. However, he was wanting to say his goodbyes to as many of his neice and nephews that he has created in his almost 92 years on this Earth. His 92nd Birthday is this November 22nd.

          Many friends of Forry have visited his bedside, hearing one last story, one last pun and to say one last goodbye. Ray Bradbury even flew to his bedside. We here at AICN are preparing a fitting memorial - and something, most likely, permanent to AICN. In the meanwhile - there is a chance for you to say your final goodbye, here's how...

          I talked to Joe Moe, Forry's caregiver and best friend. He told me to spread the word about Forry. Forry is leaving us quickly. If youre going to write or call, do it now before it's too late. He's in good spirits and not in any pain or taking any meds. He did not have any heart attack or stroke. He is home resting comfortably, but his body is starting to shut down and he's sleeping alot now, hes very weak.
          Even if you do what I did, just write "I love you" on a piece of paper and mail it, please do something if he touched your life in some way................joey OBrien

          FORREST J ACKERMAN
          4511 Russell Avenue
          Los Angeles, CA
          90027