No activity in last 7 days
This is an informal, ad hoc networking and discussion group related to the books, "Ishmael", "Beyond Civilization" and other writings and ideas by Daniel Quinn and others. The task is to dialog, via the Internet and face-to-face meetings, regarding how one can live in a manner that will help to "save the world." At the core of this quest is the understanding that there is no "one" right way to live and that we should work to develop better ways to live our own lives rather than attempt to force or convince others to live in any certain way. Often, according to Quinn, the current "mother culture" provides us with unchallenged assumptions about human nature and the natural world which lead us towards lives that are increasingly unfulfilling, environmentally destructive and generally unsustainable.
- Voluntary Simplicity
- May 3, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.